front brake question and battery info

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Gentlemen, I have a front brake question . I bought this bike used, It was supposed to be perfect ! It was not even close... I replaced the chain, cush drive, all bearings & seals , both sprockets , the front sprocket cover, stator cover,frame sliders, tires and the battery.. I really like the PC310 battery & especially if it last as long as they claim.. But to my brake question . I replaced the pads But now when I move the bike ( brake applied or not ) it has a dry scraping sound. I beleive the pads were ceramic( but I'm not 100% ) I replaced them 2-3 months ago and threw the package away.. BUT should there be a scraping /dry sound feeling from the brakes??
I really learned a lot doing it all myself. Even changing the tires really isnt that hard..None of its is hard to do , its just different.. So before I continue to enjoy riding the bike any further i need advise about the brakes . It would be greatly appreciated ...Me

IMG_0456.jpg

It happens sometimes, and usually goes away. Should be fine as long as it's not causing enough drag to slow the wheel without the brakes applied.
Put it on a stand and spin it and see what you've got.

Cool , thanks for the reply.. The bike rolls ok, but you sure can feel it .. I guess if the pads cause a drag , I'll need to break out a grinder ?/ Thanks

Mine makes a little noise also and its just because the pads i have, As long as you can put on stand and it roll free you are good.

Back