Front Blinker - Running light Mod

Ted,
Did you find that you had to "notch" your signal housings to fit the switchbacks? I did, but it may just have been my housings...

Does anyone happen to have a pair of those rear sockets laying around after doing thier undertail mod? If so, I would like to purchase them.

Ted,
Did you find that you had to "notch" your signal housings to fit the switchbacks?  I did, but it may just have been my housings...
I didn't have to notch the housing, the LED's had to be "walked" in, just wiggled and rotated a little and it fit right in.

The flasher relay mod you did, did you find on that would just plug and play, I didn't think there was one out there since that relay flasher is combined with the kickstand switch circuit. Remeber, I don't want to cut wiring if at all posible.

Now I need to find a replacement headlamps to get them to match more of the LED color.
Any ideas?

Ted,
I got the flasher relay at LED Illumination, it is a relay specifically for LEDs. I will post a picture later today, but all I did was remove the three wire pins from the combined relay and ran them to the new relay instead. No increased travel, because I zip-tied the new relay on the back side of the combined one. It is the middle three wires, I want to say orange, light blue and green off the top of my head... I will dig up my post and throw it out there...

As far as the color, I think your best option would be to go HID if you are looking to color match...

look'n good ted
beerchug.gif

I think the HID is what I am going to do. I just looked at GeorgiaBusa's HID and I think I'm sold on it...
Great... just what I needed, something else to spend $$$ on... I guess I can give it the the girlfriend as a present...

I did this mod on my 04LE, I'm going to do it to my 08. Personally, I liked the rapid flashing of the turn signals.

My HID's were delivered today, but are up in the leasing office... I will get them tomorrow, but will not have time to install them until next weekend.

Nice writeup. I have the tower bulbs, but not the running light version. You'll love the HIDs.
thumb_up.gif

McClouch HIDs arrived today (High/Low). Now i just need time to install. Heading to FL this weekend, so maybe next weekend.

Great write up!!
Love the Switch back concept, but don't like how they toggle from running light to amber when the turn signals are engaged. Can they be set to only flash the amber sequence only? >leaving the running light off inbetween flashes? For this reason alone I'm gonna stay with a two way amber bulb from AutoZone w/ this mod, but I love the clear running lights; just think that them both together takes away from the amber flash.
Thanks for the write up...printed and filed away.
thumb_up.gif

Great write up!!
Love the Switch back concept, but don't like how they toggle from running light to amber when the turn signals are engaged.  Can they be set to only flash the amber sequence only? >leaving the running light off inbetween flashes?  For this reason alone I'm gonna stay with a two way amber bulb from AutoZone w/ this mod, but I love the clear running lights; just think that them both together takes away from the amber flash.
Thanks for the write up...printed and filed away.
thumb_up.gif
The white LED's do turn off when the Amber (flash) lights up, so it does indeed alternate from white to Amber... hence the same switchback lamps.

I installed the HID in the low beam head light last night, now the color should match a little better...

old thread i know but a great write up. i plan on doing this mod. this month. thanks! :thumbsup:

Back