Friend down

fasttoys1

Donating Member
Registered
I find it hard to put this up and it may not make lots of sense but I thought some would want to know. For you that where at the Spring Bash IV you may remember my good friend Tim, the firefighter I work with. For those who weren't, Tim is my best friend. We grew up together went to the same schools, got in trouble together, climbing, diving, everything. Even as I moved around the country I would come back and we would pick-up like I never left. We work together as full-time firefighters/emt.

We went for a last ride of the season yesterday, sunday, to Cadilac Mtn. It was in the mid 40's, colder at the top. He hadn't riden much lately and we were just talking about the wet spots on the road and how we should take it easy going down. I let him go 1st because earlier we went through some twisties and he was pushing alittle to keep up.

We came most of the way down with no problems. I was back abit so just as I would come out of a corner I'ld see him going into the next. I saw his rearend kickout missing the corner hitting a tree pined against another. I'm not going to get into the details at this time, it's hard enough writing this now, I could even start last night. Have no idea what the busa looks like

He got his helo ride final, to bad it was lifeflight. Internal injuries mostly. 3hrs. the OR, they are going back in tonight or tomorrow morning to finish up if all goes well. They took spleen, apendix, part of his colon. He's on a vent. Prayers appreciated. I haven't checked out about messages to him email ect. stuck at work today. May leave shortly. I'll do abetter up date later , thanks Doug

Doug, I'm so sorry this happened to Tim. Prayers sent. Please keep us updated. Kevin

OMG...that is not good...hope he comes out on top. prayers sent,please keep us posted.

Sorry for your friends accident. Best wishes for speedy recovery. He will be in my thoughts all day.

I am so sorry to read this
sad.gif
sad.gif

He's in my thoughts Doug...please keep us posted...

sad.gif

Damn sorry Doug. You, your wife and Tim ate with us by our room at the phillips. We used the little grill and had a blast. You guys were so much fun to hang with. Hope he gets better, let us know if you need anything.

Damn, sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you both. I hope he recovers and you'll get your friend back.

--Wag--

Very sorry to hear about your friend , He and his family are in my prayers!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Let him know that you need him back home ASAP...My family will pray for him, his family and your family as well....

Very sorry to hear of your friends accident
sad.gif
keep us posted if we can help.

sad.gif
Sending one out to the man upstairs for a speedy recover.

Very sorry to hear about your friend's accident.
sad.gif

Hoping for a fast recovery!

I wish only the best for you and your friend! Heres to a speedy recovery!!!

Sorry to here this Doug, Pray's sent for Tim's speedy recovery.
sad.gif

Back