Calling hours for my friend

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I just got home from an evening out with friends, we celebrated that we got know our friend Andy and the times we shared together.

Calling hours were from 6-8 and the line was out the door and around the lot before 6. There were several pics of him growing up, his bikes and just random pics with friends. We all gave our condolances to his family and then hung out in the parking lot together.
We then hit up the bar/restaurant and had some drinks and dinner in his honor. We all miss him, but enjoyed our evening the best we could, he woulda wanted it that way.
Everyone got home safe and sound, a few needed rides, but we were all willing to help and drive wherever needed.
The funeral is tomorrow, I expect that will be tough for many, but is whats needed. His family requested no bikes be brought, not what I would want, but we will all respect the choice.
We are planning a memorial ride for his honor in july and are currently gathering items tp be auctioned off to cover expenses. If anyone has any unique idea's in this respect, im all ears. We are hitting up the local bike shops and folks are donating gear and parts the have to help out. Everyone is really coming together on this, which is great. We've got a banner made, a fairing signed and Im gettin a pic to have Cap laser up something.

Off to bed for me, gonna be a long day tomorrow. Thanks for all you support guys, its nice to have the Org to vent to:thumbsup:

I'll try to remember what all happened at me brothers memorial ride. There was a raffle, etc. I'll get back to you tomorrow with details. Glad your night went okay. Sorry about the family not wanting the bikes there, that sux..

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Glad you had a chance to celebrate your friend Andy and to get to know more of his friends. Andy will always be with you, because he is the link that brought you all together. Prayers for peace and comfort for all who knew this young man. (((hugs)))

Difficult time for sure, be strong and know you have a place here with the giant extended family for support. You will be pleased to know whilst you are tending to family matters,
I'm keeping up as a rescue ranger around the club. Found this little bugger trapped in the water cooler we use for our maintenance workers. Hang tough brother, we will eagerly await your return!

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

good for all of you for being there for each other and also for his family...it sounds like they are having a real knee-jerk reaction to all of this but seeing all of his friends come to honor his memory will mean even more as time goes by...we're here for you bro in any way that we can help :beerchug:

Back