Heading to V.I.R. today for Corner Speed on Monday!

I lust for your helmet! :thumbsup:

Thanks Tiller! I have been eyeing that for a while! I dont know what you wear for a helmet, but this rps10 is as light as my joe rocket carbon 101 3lbs and 4oz.(which is a hjc shell design). The view out of it is clean and crisp! Light too! Vents pretty well.... Love the front shield lock. More positive then the hjc side lock. You know you want one! You should get one! I mean look at Loomis who got the isle of man arai helmet and then the followers..... skydiver, bigE, and chatanooga busa got one too!:poke:

Your Q2's look awsome! Running midpack in the advanced group (You may very well have been the only guy on street rubber) is a testimonial of the ability of these tires!

Lapping everyone in the intermediate group is admirable but lapping them twice on a street bike with street rubber is a task I have never witnessed. Impressive to say the least!

If Sport Rider Magazine gets wind of your performance don't be surprised if you find your picture on the cover of an upcoming issue.

Looking forward to photos!

Congrats on a great performance Tim! :bowdown:

Steve thanks for the kind words! It just took a few sessions to get me and the bike into working together. I like the Q2s's damn good tire. I kept my hot tire pressures at 30/30. I was trying to be smooth and consistent the whole time. The brembo master cylinder upgrade with the ebc extreme pads gave me the confidence with deeper braking then I was use too with the poor stocker master cylinder. I am running SS brake lines too. I wish I knew what my lap times where so I had a better Idea what I was running. I got one at the end of of the day but there wasnt a beacon to use. I did find out why I was slow in the begining parts of the day... One was getting to know the brakes and trust using them later, as well as staying on the gas longer before my brake marker. The other improvement was I was limiting my self by staying in a lower gear with too much rpm. I would get on the gas and the bike would make too much power and shock the tire for traction. So, I short shifted to the next gear and was able to put the power down smoother and the bike was more settled and my corner speeds in and out of corners improved. I was going through a section in 2nd gear and hitting 11k to 13.5k and figured I could almost just shift into third. So I tried it.... And the bike became more settled and I started to go faster. At the end of the day I was almost at 13k in 3rd in that section. I tried applying what I learned through out the track and started to shave some time off. I would hit the straight in 3rd,4th,5th, and hold fifth till my braking zone click down twice to third (where I was going to 2nd). Run third through the corner. Power was smoother to the rear tire and went quicker. I was using 3rd-5th at the end of the day. Instead of 2nd-6th. Less time shifting means time shaved and more concentration on riding. I think I am at the limits of the stock suspension or close to it. I found it harder to get the drive I needed to try to keep pace with some of the faster riders! Trust me a guy who can go around you on a sv650 or on a 600 and keep that speed up every where gives you a piece of mind that you are slow andhave a lot to learn. I did my best to keep up with a corner speed instructor on his sv650. I am glad he backed off his pace of leaving me to help me out. Just following him showed me things I need to improve on, but it helped pushed me just a bit more then I thought I was capable of! I thanked him for the help after that session. I look forward to learning from these experienced riders! Wow these guys are fast!

Jay's gonna see some more of that Arai helmet at Barber in SEP/OCT......:moon::laugh:

And maybe, just maybe this (drives him CRAZY!)..Yes, I'm taunting Jay just a little, while I still can which may not be much longer given how well he's riding...
EAT ME!
TEAM GIXXER!

110501_3 (Large).jpg

And maybe, just maybe this (drives him CRAZY!)..Yes, I'm taunting Jay just a little, while I still can which may not be much longer given how well he's riding...
EAT ME!
TEAM GIXXER!

No whats gonna happen is you are gonna jump out of your one piece when the sound of me screaming by you with THIS scares the bajesus out of you! :moon:

IMAG0069.jpg

I love smack talk... But you know I cant keep up with you two.....YET!! :laugh:

No whats gonna happen is you are gonna jump out of your one piece when the sound of me screaming by you with THIS scares the bajesus out of you! :moon:

IMAG0069.jpg

I love smack talk... But you know I cant keep up with you two.....YET!! :laugh:

Now, I DO have to ooooh and aaaah over that - that is one nice looking exhaust Jay! How does it sound?

That just looks....downright NASTY....:bowdown::thumbsup:

Sorry Tim, we are gonna have to start a new thread...called:

"TEAM GIXXER SMACKTALK" :poke::laugh: and just post smacktalk in it....

Heck, before it's over with, we may have to have our own forum...:rofl:

Team Gixxer has to have a motto; I propose: "We're not that fast, but we look THAT good"

Early Bird...great write up and pics. Now please don't take this as an insult..because it is not at all. But take a look at amateur guys who are on the real race conditions and look at their tires after a race. They are shredded. Guy who owns Honda dealership took a brand new KLM liter bike to Infineon for a 20 minute ride and came back to the shop and the entire rear tire was either carmalized or shredded. That is where you want to be down the road. I am seeking that also in my future riding exploits...the tires really show the difference between us wanna bees and really fast guys.
Check out Race Tech when you want to improve your bike suspension. It is the shizzle u can't understand until u ride it. Bike is so settled with hard braking...hard accleration..drops into corners like sweet home made cornbread...smooth is fast. Now that i'm and old guy it is hard for me to really push it past the envelope. Can't afford to get all buggered up on a highside...bills to pay and sucks with broken collar bones, collapsed lungs and stuff like that. But I just love to get out there...excellent write up sir..

Early Bird...great write up and pics. Now please don't take this as an insult..because it is not at all. But take a look at amateur guys who are on the real race conditions and look at their tires after a race. They are shredded. Guy who owns Honda dealership took a brand new KLM liter bike to Infineon for a 20 minute ride and came back to the shop and the entire rear tire was either carmalized or shredded. That is where you want to be down the road. I am seeking that also in my future riding exploits...the tires really show the difference between us wanna bees and really fast guys.
Check out Race Tech when you want to improve your bike suspension. It is the shizzle u can't understand until u ride it. Bike is so settled with hard braking...hard accleration..drops into corners like sweet home made cornbread...smooth is fast. Now that i'm and old guy it is hard for me to really push it past the envelope. Can't afford to get all buggered up on a highside...bills to pay and sucks with broken collar bones, collapsed lungs and
stuff like that. But I just love to get out there...excellent write up sir..

2hip:

No insults taken here! Seriously, I think I just had a really good day and it started to come together for me. Yes, I have to agree that the pro go through tires quickly! Thats equipment and skill that I dont have, that allows you to use every ounce the rider and bike combo. I did get a few advance guys to stop and talk to me, and like you, pointed out that the suspension is my next step to improving the bikes performance and margin of saftey. I have never rode a bike with dailed suspension. They, like you, mentioned the bike will be more settled and easier to ride. Just money I dont have and not sure who to go with or use! Ohlins, racetech, penske, traxxion, and more! Did enjoy see the areas I need to improve.... Which again is everything! But that is part of the fun! Just more impressive to see it first hand! Those guys are fast!

Early Bird, I can see u have caught a serious viral infection called racing. Great pictures and it was one of those days u will live viscerally for many many times. Let me tell u about Ohlins and Race Tech....at least what i know.
I have Ohlins on my 750 Susuki race bike...cost..front forks and rear shock..about 4k..bike was raced on AFM circuit by a bike mechanic and is totally dialed in. Just put my Race Tech gold seal valving and springs in the front forks and a GS-3 rear shock...for about 2k installed in Corona, Ca. I spoke for an hour about race stuff with an Aussie who used to race and was like a regional champ in Australia...he said.."what an eye opener to be a regional champ and then go to the national stage of top racers"...he said he understood that his deal would be tuning suspensions for pro racers. Kawasaki put him on their pro team...anywho!!! He said that Ohlins are the best there is...even though he works for Race Tech..but he said only about the last 5percent of race suspension advantage for the Ohlins over the RT. He said only the very top racers would be able to extract that last 5 percent advantage. He worked tuning on Mladin's Gixxer superbike...he said guys like that can get the last 5 percent advantage...but about 95 percent of the really good racers wouldn't have an advantage...those are his words not mine and he worked at the highest level of superbike competition... So..the RT stuff is half as much as the Ohlins and it would be only the top echelon riders who could tell the difference.
It's like the guys who are city champions in golf taking on the likes of Tiger. Tiger could would woop the poo out of any of them with Wally world golf gear for 200 dollars and they had the best golf equipment in the world...
But u are doing everything correctly. Taking it to the track and being taught by real racers in a safe environment. Immersing yourself with racers who are better than you and you can see how they do it and emulate..you are pushing yourself to overcome fears and learning...great write up ..enjoyed it very much...

Back