Two Busas Down

(Un-Caged @ Sep. 10 2006,18:30) The best riders in the world crash .

+1[/Quote]
+1
wink.gif

We have to find out about Derick.  Who told him of the ride location and how is he and the bike doing! Just wondering about him!! OUT

(Lamb busa @ Sep. 10 2006,18:41) We have to find out about Derick.  Who told him of the ride location and how is he and the bike doing!  Just wondering about him!! OUT
+1... I feel so bad about them 2 crashes.

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 10 2006,18:05) In LA you can't have aftermarket exhaust??? Do they really pull over bikes for that crap?
not to threadjack -- but yes in LA they ticket for aftermarket exhaust
from what I have heard usually they like to get whole groups (bike nights, observation points ect)
I don't know that they will pull you over for it, if they get complaints tho they will bust you for whatever they can

Great that you are okay V8 -- great to meet ya -- wish it had gone better, and second the motion for leather britches

(xzvs @ Sep. 10 2006,18:54)
(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 10 2006,18:05) In LA you can't have aftermarket exhaust??? Do they really pull over bikes for that crap?
from what I have heard usually they like to get whole groups (bike nights, observation points ect)
I don't know that they will pull you over for it, if they get complaints tho they will bust you for whatever they can

Great that you are okay V8 -- great to meet ya -- wish it had gone better, and second the motion for leather britches
You said "britches"..... LOL

I guess it depends, I have an aftermarket exhaust and have not been harrassed by the POPO for it...

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 10 2006,18:57)

You said "britches".....    LOL
Hey I had to sit through your " Iraqi Hamburger nuts" story
SHOCKED.gif

(Lamb busa @ Sep. 10 2006,13:06) Hey Drewco, is that you with the teeth on the front of the fairing!  Lamb's seen you a few times on Palomar.
The '06 Le's guy was named derick!  
Apparently that corner is famous!  The firefighters told us the name of it!
heal up quick v8!  good to meet you!
Derick on that 06 LE is a friend of mines. Sent him since I could not make it. I'll let you guys know how he's doing soon as I find out

v8 good to hear your ok. bikes are easy to fix...people arent..that corner is a nasty one.

Glad to hear your shoulder didn't break V8N3T and you got away with no major injuries.

Sucks about the brakes....never experienced that and hopefully never will nor you again.

Most important thing is you'll be able to get out on 2 wheels again....if not immediately....soon enough.

Don't worry about ruining any ride.....**** happens. Glad you're ok.

Lamb..thanks for leading the ride.

-Howie
(CBR1100XX (Blackbird) rider)

Jeez guys. Glad it wasn't any more serious than it could've been. Was Pumphouse, or whatever that corner is called, a decreasing radius? Those are the ones to REALLY watch out for. You'll have perfect entry speed then all of a sudden, no more apex.

Trailbraking is about the only way to handle those and get the bike leaned.

Brake issue: Yup!!! You'll get that on yer stock setup if you're on the brakes hard all the time, especially on the decsent on the canyons. Busa stock brakes suck. Try upgrading to EBC HH or similar pads, Steel braided lines and that should solve your soft lever feel. Also adjust that lever so that it's on the #1 setting or full out so in the event you lose "some" brake feel, you'll still have some "insurance bite." And they will heat up and go soft no matter what you upgrade to.

Heal up V8. Bikes are replaceable. You on the other hand are not so get well and re-evaluate what happened and how you may have prevented your accident. Good luck.
wink.gif

Oh, BTW, next time you feel your levers starting to touch your grips, you know that must be a sign to slow down or stop all together.
wow.gif

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 10 2006,17:06) V8 is ok other than a bruised shoulder and pride.  Hopefully he heals quick.
Great to hear that it will just be bruising and a two week sore spot..
You guys want to get together when I head to San Diego in a couple-three weeks? I'd have to be on the Rune.
My mom lives there and I need to get the Rune sent over here...

Back