Frams sliders and other accessories

Heres a lil trick I learned from the techs at my shop.

1. Remove fairings.
2. Find a bolt that fits in the frame where your slider would be bolted to.
3. Grind off the head of the bolt to a point.
4. Screw the bolt with the pointy head into the frame, then reattach your fairing.
5. Gently push your fairing into the bolt so that it will leave a mark on the inside of the fairing.
6. Remove fairing and use that mark as the center point when drilling your hole. Start with a small hole cutter and use the dremel if needed.

Its kind of a timely process, but well worth it cause they always line up perfect. Clear as mud?
Heck I just pulled the fairing, used my little hand held laser pointer (key chain style) put it on a table across the room and aimed it at the bolt with the fairing off... ran over, hung the fairing on the bike and looky!! a red dot at the hole center :)

Guess I could have taken pictures but it went pretty darn fast..

Last edited:
I have the no cut sliders but realize they would not be of much help unless maybe it fell over in the garage or driveway.

:welcome:

BikeBus (20).jpg

funny u say that, that is really all i am looking for something to protect it in case it has a stupid fall in my garage or driveway. my son has an escalade jeep and might crash into it. if i crash on the highway i really dont think the sliders will do much anyway.

I have the TRex no cuts. For me they are just in case I drop it in the driveway or garage when I work on it. In a riding accident any frame sliders will dig into a soft surface (dirt) and flip the bike anyway. Toast.:welcome:

Back