Frame Sliders for '08 Busa

tmkspy

Registered
OK, well, like a squid, I dropped my prestine '08 Busa in my garage (&#@^&%$& friggin' kickstand) OK it was my fault, and I wear the squid stamp proudly on my forehead......

Now the question...can anybody tell me what the best frame sliders for the 08might be? I would appreciate a reply from anyone with experience with quality sliders. I am not hearing good things about the no-cut sliders...so i think they may be out of the question.

I also would like to know where the holes will be cut and the sliders mounted to best protect the fairing/frame in the case of a tip-over or low speed low-side. I realize sliders are not meant for high speed crashes, and I don't intend to crash.

PICTURES would be a real plus. Thanks in advance to everyone...ride safe and ride smart.

tmkspy

I am not hearing good things about the no-cut sliders...so i think they may be out of the question.

tmkspy

You heard wrong. For driveway/garage tip overs, any SLIDER (cut or no-cut) is better than NONE. Sadly, you have already learned this the hard way.

In case you have not yet figured it out, I have T-REX No Cut Sliders on my 09. Had them on my old 08 and crash-tested them...they held up just fine.

I like the idea of no cut sliders....cutting my plastics scares the crap out of me, they cost too much. But I plan on adding fairing screens and thoses openings are where the no cut sliders go. Im still trying to decide which ones Im going with. Maybe I will pay the dealer to put standard sliders on, that way if the mess up the plastics I can make them replace them.

I like the idea of no cut sliders....cutting my plastics scares the crap out of me, they cost too much.

I do not blame you and this owner will agree with you: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/152178-new-plastics.html

223432d1308190108-new-plastics-img_8903.jpg

There are several threads with pics and recommendations if you do a search for frame sliders.

I recommend T-Rex No Cut...especially for the situations like you just encountered, which ultimately is the primary purpose for a frame slider. I have a feeling if I crash over 25-30 mph, the last thing I'll be concerned with are my fairings. Something about the idea of cutting into my fairings to protect them strikes me the wrong way...but that's just me.

:welcome:

There are several threads with pics and recommendations if you do a search for frame sliders.

I recommend T-Rex No Cut...especially for the situations like you just encountered, which ultimately is the primary purpose for a frame slider. I have a feeling if I crash over 25-30 mph, the last thing I'll be concerned with are my fairings. Something about the idea of cutting into my fairings to protect them strikes me the wrong way...but that's just me.

:welcome:

Great advise and any protection is better than none. This is another very subjective topic here and has lots of threads and pictures. I opted for a cut version and was a little concerned about the no cut variety because of their mounting location. It just seemed to me that there would be more damage inflicted to the radiator area in a little get off. As far as cutting goes, measure twice, start with a small pilot hole and dremel out. The sliders I chose only came in a cut variety so I had no choice. Like I said it's all very subjective and boils down to what you like, can afford and believe will suit your needs.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

I've got R&G sliders as you can see they stick out a bit, had them fitted when I bought the bike but on their web site there is a good fitting guide. You should be able to see them on these pics. And no I don't want to find out if they are good or not.

101_1615.jpg

100_1726.jpg

I had the R&G's on my 09 before it got swiped.......WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!! My foot slipped in gravel at a stop sign about a week after I bought my bike and they paid for themselves right then. Only a small scratch on the bottom of my fairing and on my stock exhaust pipe (that was a great excuse to get rid of the stock pipes though :whistle: )

The thought of cutting scared me too but I had them installed where I bought my bike that way if they messed them up I didnt have to fix it myself.

I went with Street Bike Unlimited frame sliders (requires body mod), though, I have not installed them yet. They are still sitting in a box on my shelf. Just working up the nerve, to do the job; most likely at my next oil change.

The thing is, I can't find many Busa's with them installed.

Suzuki No cut Sliders The link says "No Cut", but mine are the cut versions. :)

Great advise and any protection is better than none. This is another very subjective topic here and has lots of threads and pictures. I opted for a cut version and was a little concerned about the no cut variety because of their mounting location. It just seemed to me that there would be more damage inflicted to the radiator area in a little get off. As far as cutting goes, measure twice, start with a small pilot hole and dremel out. The sliders I chose only came in a cut variety so I had no choice. Like I said it's all very subjective and boils down to what you like, can afford and believe will suit your needs.

lsl's are the way to go. talk to daniel with cloud 9 motorsports. he will tell you about his buddy that went down at the track with them on at 160 and the damage was very minor cosmetic. plus with the lsl sliders if you do go down, all you should have to do is replace the delrin plastic part that is designed to wear off and keep your bike from flipping. the rest of the slider should be good...in theory anyhow.

they are very easy to cut in. all it takes is some masking tape, a pencil, a half inch drill bit and a dremil to finish the hole. of course the hole will not be a perfect circle as the fairing is not flat on either side where you will be drilling. just take your time and test fit many times to get the hole perfect. one of the best tools for this is the flex shaft for the dremel. allows more control and flexibility.

IMG_20100822_132718.jpg

IMG_20100822_132737.jpg

IMG_20100822_133250.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

034.jpg

022.jpg

hell if you come to ks ill help you put em on. just buy me some beer. that goes for anyone on the org. key is you have to come to ks.

Back