Frams sliders and other accessories

omar8012

Registered
Hello all,

i just bought a new 2008 busa and it is my baby. I am in the process of buying some accessories to bling it out a lil. The first thing i want to do is protect by baby. What are a pair of good frame sliders i can buy, ones that i do not have to cut or drill my bike. I want something that is gonna really work if it does get dropped. Also what are some other good accessories that a busa owner should purchase for protection including a theft deterant.

089.jpg

here is a pic of mine i bought the same color as yours. The first thing i would change is the tires. Unless you just cruise. i have done a lot of reasearch on these things since i bought mine. This is my first sports bike. A lot of BS out there.

Chuck

114-1437_IMG.jpg

1 word for ya INSURANCE. if a thief wants your bike hes gonna get it.
as far as no cut sliders i think the they use brackets to offset the sliders to miss the fairings. seems like it kind of defeats the purpose with the brackets(bending in a fall?). plus i think they are ugly, but to each his own. just sayin.
btw dont let the mod bug bite you or you will end up with something like this

'05 busa rt side.jpg

From my experience working in the motorcycle industry, Id say that 5 out of 10 wreck jobs that come in the shop with no cut sliders the brackets either bend or snap totally defeating the purpose of the slider. I like to gamble, but I wouldnt touch those odds with a 10 foot pole. Now I wouldnt put total faith into a cut slider either as Ive seen some bikes with them pretty f'ed up as well, , but your bike (and wallet) have a better chance when it is bolted directly to the frame. Just my .02, take it as you will. Oh and if drilling the fairing is your concern, PM me and Ill teach ya a lil trick to make things easier.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back yank, i want to protect my bike as i plan on haveing it for a while and cost me a pretty penny. Send my your tricks, whatever is gonna make it easier for me. Also any recommendations on a theft deterent.

089.jpg

1 word for ya insurance. If a thief wants your bike hes gonna get it.
As far as no cut sliders i think the they use brackets to offset the sliders to miss the fairings. Seems like it kind of defeats the purpose with the brackets(bending in a fall?). Plus i think they are ugly, but to each his own. Just sayin.
Btw dont let the mod bug bite you or you will end up with something like this

amen to that. The insurance is the main thing. U lost me on the mod thing. Why wouldnt i want mine bike to look like yours. Dont see much wrong with that bike. Am i not seening something?

amen to that. The insurance is the main thing. U lost me on the mod thing. Why wouldnt i want mine bike to look like yours. Dont see much wrong with that bike. Am i not seening something?

I think he was trying to say that you will end up spending alot of money ???

I guess I can see why No-cut sliders could fail...learn something new everyday. So, how does one put regular sliders on and cut the hole in the fairing just perfect where the mount is?

Heres a lil trick I learned from the techs at my shop.

1. Remove fairings.
2. Find a bolt that fits in the frame where your slider would be bolted to.
3. Grind off the head of the bolt to a point.
4. Screw the bolt with the pointy head into the frame, then reattach your fairing.
5. Gently push your fairing into the bolt so that it will leave a mark on the inside of the fairing.
6. Remove fairing and use that mark as the center point when drilling your hole. Start with a small hole cutter and use the dremel if needed.

Its kind of a timely process, but well worth it cause they always line up perfect. Clear as mud?

Back