Frame Slider Photos

Z-Faucon

Registered
I purchased a pair of sliders for my K8 that mount directly to the frame and will need me to cut the fairing. They came with no directions. Any of you guys have pictures of sliders you installed that required cutting? I need some confidence...b/4 I drill...

sell em and get some from T-Rex. you don't have to cut anything and they still bolt to the frame.

T-Rexracing.com

I want frame sliders that bolt "directly" to the frame. I do not want offsets. I found that offsets are not reliable and not as strong. Thus, I purchased the type that simple bolt to the frame but I like to see pictures of anyone that has done this so I can be assured I'm cutting correctly.

well.....R&G racing sliders...

IMG_4031.jpg

Easiest wasy to install for me, I did the cut version (will try to grab some pics)

Put bike on rear stand
Pull fairings
Get Laser pointer on a tripod/stack of boxes, etc and have it point to exactly the center of the frame bolt. Leave the laser on, do not bump or move laser from this point)
Reinstall fairing (don't have to bolt them on, but get them in final resting position)
Place tape on fairing were laser hits and mark that spot with a marker
Drill the hole just a bit larger than your slider
Rinse and repeat for the other side

Enjoy!

you could do the laser pointer trick. I also saw a really good idea from someone here that took a same size bolt that threads into where the frameslider would be.. ground off the head of the bolt (off the bike) to a point and thread it back in so that the grounded pointed end is facing out.. install the fairing again (all taped up) and press it on/through the plastics... and presto, you have exactally where you need to drill for your hole saw (even a starting hole from the ground off pointed bolt)... I'll see if I can't find you that link/pics

Back