Found something I don't like.....

JuiceSC

Registered
I can't belive how easy it is to push the busa forward on the side stand. Sunday before the ride, I parked the bike in my driveway on a very slight grade. I thought it felt a little shaky, so I tried to see how much force it takes to push it forward. And it almost rolled off the sidestand!!!!! I will always park 'uphill' and in gear from now on. I think if I left it running, it would have fallen from the vibration. The sidestand should 'lock', like that other make.

This is part of the reason for the kickstand mod - making the "notch" in the stand a little bigger so the lean is a little greater - that way it is resting more ont he stand making it harder to roll forward or tip over the other way...

I've only had my Busa for 15 months and 14,000 miles but I've never had a problem parking it. Out of habit, I always pull the bike back on the sidestand about an inch or so when parking and never park on a downhill. Very steady!

I checked the roll forward before I did the mod and after. Lot's of difference between the two. But on the other hand, I never park a bike facing down hill, in gear or not.

"OH" by the way, my only mistake in the mod was to use Harley Davidson Black paint for touch up. And after that my BUSA was 2 mph slower  
sad.gif

(DaCol. @ May 07 2007,20:08) "OH" by the way, my only mistake in the mod was to use Harley Davidson Black paint for touch up. And after that my BUSA was 2 mph slower  
sad.gif
ices_rofl.gif

..oh, I mean.. yeah, the kickstand mod~

I have had bikes for over 20 years, my busa since 2003. never did the kickstand mod, never have had a problem.

always make sure it is in gear, most of the time I make sure the rear tire is facing down hill, if the front is facing down hill I put it in gear, let if go forward until the trans stops the bike, then I lean it over on the kick stand.

Never ever have had a problem (watch, tomorrow I will knock if off its kickstand just for my post
SHOCKED.gif
)

(CBXRider @ May 07 2007,16:55) I've only had my Busa for 15 months and 14,000 miles but I've never had a problem parking it. Out of habit, I always pull the bike back on the sidestand about an inch or so when parking and never park on a downhill. Very steady!
I have yet to do the mod and was kinda doubting it until I watched my riding partners busa keel over into a parked car. Made me physically ill to watch it happen.

The mod will be done this weekend.

The Kickstand mod for sure but when it gets right down to it how is this different than any other bike? I learned when I was riding Honda 90's some 35 years ago that you don't point er down a hill on the side stand!

The mod is a good fail safe.
I use the same procedure every time I park my bike.
1. shut the motor off with it still in gear
2. turn the bars full left
3. put down the stand and grab front brake
4. exit off the left side
5. as I step over, I pull back on the bike and release the brake

I usually pull back untill the stand slides about 2 inches. At this point I figure that's as parked as she's gonna get.

I have not done mod yet but plan to. I ALWAYS leave my bike in gear. I never park in neutral. I rollbike against the tension to make sure there is no play at all if on a hill. I also (if possible) park with back wheel against curb and facing up hill.

Back