Just a tip

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I should have posted this a long time ago but never thought of it until now. When I first got my Busa, I used to ask my wife to give me a hand so I can put it on the rear stand. The way I do it, I use a piece of brick (or a piece of wood thick enough to put the bike to almost straight up position) to rest the sidestand on it. Then, I hook the left side of the stand to the spool. Once you aligned the right spool with the right side of the stand, stand the bike a little until the stand grabs both spools. Then you're ready to push the stand down to lift the bike up. Just don't use too thick of a piece to make it fall to it's right side. Hope this helps especially to the new owners. Almost forgot, when taking off the rear stand, use the brick also to rest the sidestand on it so it's not too high to put the bike back to it's sidestand and just give the bike a slight push to the left before releasing the stand.

Last edited:
Or another easy way is to remove the hump, grab onto the crossbar the latch mechanism bolts to and use that for a holder. I don't use the factory grab bar so that works fine for me.

I always have the hump on so I just grab on the seat. Always worked for me.

or get one of these and stand beside the bike

Stand.jpg

I too use a regular house brick and it works very well but I don't release the bike back onto it. I manage a slow controlled (fall) onto the kickstand as I nudge it left, making sure of course that the sidestand is down and fully forward. If I have the hump which is most of the time, I take it off and grab the cross bar inside to steady the bike. If the seat's on, like on tour, I hold on to the grab bar to keep it under control.

Back