Found something I don't like.....

I can park my Hondas in neutral and push them forward as hard as I can and the sidestands just slide across or dig into the ground.  They won't flip up.

An unmodified Busa stand can flip up just from the slack in the drivetrain if it isn't pushed all the way forward in 1st gear.  Going through a half dozen steps to park your bike is bullsh!t.  All Suzuki had to do is allow it to swing 1" further foward to "lock" it in place.  Piss poor design just like their transmissions.

(Turbo-Torch @ May 08 2007,00:39) Piss poor design just like their transmissions.
well... I tend to think that Suzuki was just flat out distracted by all the gut wrenching laughter that ensued immediately after realizing just how far behind the Busa left every other "flagship" motorcycle of the other brands.

Yes...bikes of all makes have fallen over....and since this forum has unexplainable concentration of Busa owners posting here
all_coholic.gif
you significantly increase the number of reports on it.

Let's face it...if you get spanked daily on your honkawimaha, and the best comeback you have is that "your kickstand sux!" ...then just keep rollin, cuz I'd rather take 5 minutes to improve a little design flaw like that than ride a bike designed for Oompah-Loompas.
beerchug.gif

oompah.jpg

screw the kickstand mod -- raise her 1" in the rear
it shoulda come like that anyway

(BusaCruise @ May 07 2007,23:12)
(Turbo-Torch @ May 08 2007,00:39) Piss poor design just like their transmissions.
well... I tend to think that Suzuki was just flat out distracted by all the gut wrenching laughter that ensued immediately after realizing just how far behind the Busa left every other "flagship" motorcycle of the other brands.

Yes...bikes of all makes have fallen over....and since this forum has unexplainable concentration of Busa owners posting here  
all_coholic.gif
  you significantly increase the number of reports on it.

Let's face it...if you get spanked daily on your honkawimaha, and the best comeback you have is that "your kickstand sux!"  ...then just keep rollin, cuz I'd rather take 5 minutes to improve a little design flaw like that than ride a bike designed for Oompah-Loompas.
beerchug.gif

oompah.jpg
Well put...

I had mine a couple of months and saw no need for it, I'm VERY careful. Then pushed it out of the garage to do some cleaning and left it in neutral. The driveway has a slight grade to it. Just as i stepped away something caught my eye. I jumped back to the beloved busa sacraficing my back for the cause. I think the only thing that stopped it from taking off was that i grabed the fr. brake out of habit. One little piece of dirt on the stator cover, one wrenched back, one big lesson learned.

Did the kickstand mod. an hour later.

Back