Foster Mom to a breed I never thought I'd help...

I glad you were able to see past your fear and the hype to see the breed for what they really are. I have found that there are no inherent bad dogs, just bad owners. I wish we were closer. My wife and I currently have 3 rescue dogs and I don't think she would mind me brining in a 4th.
Best of luck with find him a good home and I know he will always be thankful that you gave him that second chance to be part of a family.

I currently have a pit bull and hes the best dog I've ever had. Loves people, loves kids, loves other dogs. He is very loyal and doesn't even protect the house....really a big teddy bear. I currently do not have kids but if I did I still would be aware of all circumstances. Its not that your dog will do something bad its that it has the potential. Im sure lots of people who have been bit have been attacked by "good" dogs. Just a reminder that even if these dogs arent' trained to be mean they are capable because its in their blood line. I'm sure he will be a good dog though so good luck

Around here, that's what we'd call a "slow learner" :rofl:

Hey, when the ONLY dog to ever bit me was a Pit Bull, what do you expect? I don't fear snakes or lizards, dogs, cats and their claws...the Pits have always scared me and for good reason. I am admitting NOW though that this experience with Luke has been a very positive one. I'm thankful he came in to our lives and that I can do my part to help him find a better life :)

:rofl: Beat me to it...

You don't have to have a fenced yard, just a walk will suffice. :whistle:

Just trying to help :thumbsup:

You can't get rid of him after a 6 page post, he is part of our family too.

Last edited:
He is very well loved in my home. I have acreage, but it's not fenced in to keep a dog like him safe (and to keep him from worrying neighbors), so it's just not an ideal situation right now. I'm still aiming for a good home with someone that loves and knows the breed; got one guy trying so I'm giving him time to work out details.
I'll take more pics :) Just been so busy lately, no time :)

you knooooooow...I'VE got my details all worked out:whistle::laugh:

Just a reminder that even if these dogs arent' trained to be mean they are capable because its in their blood line. I'm sure he will be a good dog though so good luck

it's that kind of thinking that keeps people thinking they are dangerous. fighting dogs were trained to be dog agressive, but people submissive. think about it, a guy has to be in the ring with two of these animals, going at it. now, i don't appreciate nor do i advocate dog fighting, i think it's a horrible thing to do to these animals. but know the breed, it's an owners responsibility. we're the only ones who can change peoples minds about these animals.

Val you're a class act. You'll be rewarded for your good deed ten fold.:thumbsup:

He is very well loved in my home. I have acreage, but it's not fenced in to keep a dog like him safe (and to keep him from worrying neighbors), so it's just not an ideal situation right now. I'm still aiming for a good home with someone that loves and knows the breed; got one guy trying so I'm giving him time to work out details.

I'll take more pics :) Just been so busy lately, no time :)

How much to fence your yard?

Perhaps we could do a .org fundraiser for such a worthy cause? :thumbsup:

Sound like the love is there. It'd be a shame if the lack of a fence was the only hurdle to you and your family keeping the pup.

Just a thought. :whistle:

Last edited:
How much to fence your yard?

Perhaps we could do a .org fundraiser for such a worthy cause? :thumbsup:

Sound like the love is there. It'd be a shame if the lack of a fence was the only hurdle to you and your family keeping the pup.

Just a thought. :whistle:

Michelle - Paypal address please

No no guys, but thank you so much for even offering. This place is the best... :bowdown:

Luke's doing well; he found out that outdoor stray cats have claws (unlike my kitties in the house), so he's now kind of afraid of cats :p

He's doing well...just he and I today; my sons went to stay with their Dad. He's snoozing on the sofa behind me while I catch up on my web crawling.

I still need to get pics; promise, more will come...

No no guys, but thank you so much for even offering. This place is the best... :bowdown:

Luke's doing well; he found out that outdoor stray cats have claws (unlike my kitties in the house), so he's now kind of afraid of cats :p

He's doing well...just he and I today; my sons went to stay with their Dad. He's snoozing on the sofa behind me while I catch up on my web crawling.

I still need to get pics; promise, more will come...

No worries, but at least that won't be the deciding factor. Sure you won't change your mind....? :whistle:

Any update on the pup's health, adoption status or pics? :popcorn:

I'll have to read that MPH...looks interesting (and long) :)

Along those lines, as I'm now really paying attention to the reactions of my neighbors while walking this 70+ lb pit, I have noticed the following:

Yesterday, I was walking Luke and a neighbor's mixed lab mutt came running from the yard, hair standing straight up, snarling his teeth (I'm not kidding), barking and going nuts...Luke sat down between my feet and started to quiver, then pee'd on the ground LOL The owner of the mutt came over, looked nervous, asked if that was a pit bull, then quickly got his dog back in his yard. The entire exchange was humorous because Luke never pulled away from me or even try to sniff the other dog, and all the while, this guy's "mutt" was losing it and playing alpha dog. I don't know about Luke, but I was more afraid of that mutt than I was of the huge pit sitting at my feet :laugh:

I didn't always feel this way, but even my vet told me that most breeds that are aggressive during vet exams are labs and retrievers, not necessarily pit bulls...

Interesting indeed...

I'll have to read that MPH...looks interesting (and long) :)

Along those lines, as I'm now really paying attention to the reactions of my neighbors while walking this 70+ lb pit, I have noticed the following:

Yesterday, I was walking Luke and a neighbor's mixed lab mutt came running from the yard, hair standing straight up, snarling his teeth (I'm not kidding), barking and going nuts...Luke sat down between my feet and started to quiver, then pee'd on the ground LOL The owner of the mutt came over, looked nervous, asked if that was a pit bull, then quickly got his dog back in his yard. The entire exchange was humorous because Luke never pulled away from me or even try to sniff the other dog, and all the while, this guy's "mutt" was losing it and playing alpha dog. I don't know about Luke, but I was more afraid of that mutt than I was of the huge pit sitting at my feet :laugh:

I didn't always feel this way, but even my vet told me that most breeds that are aggressive during vet exams are labs and retrievers, not necessarily pit bulls...

Interesting indeed...

Just goes to show...you can't believe all the hype. I remember reading in a dog magazine once that statistics show more people were bitten by small/toy breeds then larger breeds. The problem is large breeds are the only ones that seem to make the news. Sounds like he is fitting in nicely.

And we are still waiting for more picts. :poke:

Back