Foster Mom to a breed I never thought I'd help...

I hear the dogs feel safe in their crates? Is that true? Kinda like us sleeping in our own bed??

Yes this true, both my German Shep's sleep in thier kennel, they would rather be in there to sleep than anywhere else, kinda like there own cave i guess...

give him time VA he will perk up and eat when he's ready, between the meds and nerves his stomach is probably freaking out i bet....

Luke is snoring next to me in my bed :laugh: That didn't take long...

Another great day; I learn more and more about his personality each time we're with him. He cowers when you come toward him with his collar and leash; I noticed he has a scar on his neck where a rope likely was at once, for obviously too long :( He seems to really enjoy when you take the collar off, so I do often.

He loves his people-time. He follows you everywhere and if he's sleeping and you leave the room, he follows :) He adores my kids! He craves whatever they're eating over most anything else; tonight they found that walking away from a box full of Goldfish crackers is fair game for a pup :laugh:

He's a lap dog. He'd rather curl up with his head in your lap than do most anything else, and it's cute to see him close his eyes whenever you're loving on him. He's the most content dog I've ever been around, especially considering his life 'til now...

Having a good time with him, there's no doubt about it...oh, and he ate well tonight, aside from trying to get the Goldfish crackers :laugh:

So, Vabs is taking in strays.... maybe I'll head south and wander around the redneck waterpark for a few days... ???

Luke is snoring next to me in my bed :laugh: That didn't take long...

Another great day; I learn more and more about his personality each time we're with him. He cowers when you come toward him with his collar and leash; I noticed he has a scar on his neck where a rope likely was at once, for obviously too long :( He seems to really enjoy when you take the collar off, so I do often.

He loves his people-time. He follows you everywhere and if he's sleeping and you leave the room, he follows :) He adores my kids! He craves whatever they're eating over most anything else; tonight they found that walking away from a box full of Goldfish crackers is fair game for a pup :laugh:

He's a lap dog. He'd rather curl up with his head in your lap than do most anything else, and it's cute to see him close his eyes whenever you're loving on him. He's the most content dog I've ever been around, especially considering his life 'til now...

Having a good time with him, there's no doubt about it...oh, and he ate well tonight, aside from trying to get the Goldfish crackers :laugh:

If he doesn't like the leash try an Easywalk Harness. I bought one from Petsmart and it is so much easier to walk with the dog. I had a problem with her pulling while walking. The harness goes around the front of the chest and takes their power away. Also don't try to force him into wearing the leash. Try to make him come to you.

If he doesn't like the leash try an Easywalk Harness. I bought one from Petsmart and it is so much easier to walk with the dog. I had a problem with her pulling while walking. The harness goes around the front of the chest and takes their power away. Also don't try to force him into wearing the leash. Try to make him come to you.

Very good point...to me, it's obvious he may have been tied up a lot, so he may equate that collar and leash as punishment. He always lays down when I walk toward him with the collar, and I talk to him the whole time, petting him and trying to calm his fears. Good idea though, I hadn't thought of that :)

:rofl: You are hooked. Told you they were some loving dogs. Just be carefull with him around other people, He will defend you and your kids with his life. Enjoy him, he will be fine.:thumbsup:

I'm glad you and Luke are doing so well.

On the other hand, I keep waiting for you to PM me and say "OK, come pick him up":whistle: In all seriousness, I'm happy things are going good!

Sorry Charlie :down: It was a below the belt punch, I know...

It's okay, For the last 4 years I've been waiting for them to repave a certain local road specifically for the Busa. They did. Last week. :banghead:

He's adorable. I grew up around the breed have always loved them. I get attacked by one almost everyday... She just climbs up in my lap and licks me. :thumbsup: Keep telling her she ain't a lapdog, she don't listen.

this is my pit molly . she was a rescue. this dog is the best Ive ever owned. she took to training and is eager to please. i can even walk her with out a leash. i think u should keep luke . also i would like u to pm me your contact info so i can send luke some goodies. i work for pet co so i got the hook up on treats.;)

05_20_2009-molly.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

this is my pit molly . she was a rescue. this dog is the best Ive ever owned. she took to training and is eager to please. i can even walk her with out a leash. i think u should keep luke . also i would like u to pm me your contact info so i can send luke some goodies. i work for pet co so i got the hook up on treats.;)

Aww, she's beautiful!!! Luke walks on a leash very well too, which really shocks me. Those shots with your kids look pretty much like Luke with mine. He's all over 'em, seems to really love 'em a lot. My Mom flew in from CO last night and before too long, Luke was climbing up in her lap. He seems to really take to anyone that loves on him.

I appreciate the offer, but you really don't have to do that :) You're so sweet to offer...Luke says hi to Molly and says she should get some extra treats herself :oldcool:

I don't know, I am thinking Luke is becoming a permanent part of the family! :laugh: I understand though wanting him to have a place big enough for him to run around, but I think a loving home carries a lot of weight too. Glad he is eating and doing so well. Keep up the good work!!!

He is very well loved in my home. I have acreage, but it's not fenced in to keep a dog like him safe (and to keep him from worrying neighbors), so it's just not an ideal situation right now. I'm still aiming for a good home with someone that loves and knows the breed; got one guy trying so I'm giving him time to work out details.

I'll take more pics :) Just been so busy lately, no time :)

Back