Forsale ads and the Idiots that they attract.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
GM needs to vent a bit, so bear with me.

Why is it some people feel the need to add their 2cents to a forsale ad when they don't have a clue what they're talking about? For example, I have a set of JE drop-in turbo pistons(Brand new in package) and a new spacerplate(in package) forsale at a decent price. This moron comes on and says how my pricing is WAY too high and that he can get the same thing and/or knows that the same thing is selling for half the price. It's complete BS. I've checked everywhere. I'm selling both items WITH shipping for less than most online shops want for just the pistons! These items are less than 3 months old sitting in my house and BRAND NEW. Why people think a private seller needs to lose his azz on stuff is something I cannot understand.

This irks me beyond all things. Another maggot wanting something for nothing and then starts in with their false facts posted in my ad that other potential buyer might think he's right because usually people don't do any research on stuff. Then, if you do somehow find what they're talking about, it's a well used up version on Ebay that has seen better days. But, they're not gonna tell you that.... Damn SOB's.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I hear ya, once I was selling a brand new NOS wet kit on another forum. the price was about 30% below market price. And this **** bag comes on and said the same thing, I was so pissed at that time that I told him show me where and I will buy it right away. :spank:

Your attitude is over exaggerated! I think you need to come down a little on the attitude some! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::whistle:

GM needs to vent a bit, so bear with me.

Why is it some people feel the need to add their 2cents to a forsale ad when they don't have a clue what they're talking about? For example, I have a set of JE drop-in turbo pistons(Brand new in package) and a new spacerplate(in package) forsale at a decent price. This moron comes on and says how my pricing is WAY too high and that he can get the same thing and/or knows that the same thing is selling for half the price. It's complete BS. I've checked everywhere. I'm selling both items WITH shipping for less than most online shops want for just the pistons! These items are less than 3 months old sitting in my house and BRAND NEW. Why people think a private seller needs to lose his azz on stuff is something I cannot understand.

This irks me beyond all things. Another maggot wanting something for nothing and then starts in with their false facts posted in my ad that other potential buyer might think he's right because usually people don't do any research on stuff. Then, if you do somehow find what they're talking about, it's a well used up version on Ebay that has seen better days. But, they're not gonna tell you that.... Damn SOB's.

Thanks for your time.

I'm behind you 100%. Really. What's people's problem?

you know i have be trying to figure these peeps out myself. i have been trying to sell my business and this guy was like upset when i would not sell at what the business makes in a yr. and when i told him 3 1\2x the annual income he thought i was trying to rob him. i said hey i buy a $350 machine and now i make say $50000 a yr. would you sell the business for 350$ i never saw him again, what a moron.. and a wast of time..

sorry i had to vent myself.:banghead:

When I was selling my old bike (1986 Yamaha Radian). A guy I worked with said he was interested and asked how much. I told him 1700.00 and he just laughed at me. Well. 3 weeks later I laughed at him and told him I got my asking price. They came all the way from the middle of Kansas to pick it up with a trailer.

I know what you mean. That really sucks, man.

Can you disallow posting on the ad?

--Wag--

One the reasons I hate selling things...I can't stand dealing with the public.

Used to part time on the weekends at a local gunshop...OMG....the fools that came in :banghead:

I once sold a 68 Roadrunner with a blown engine, Body was perfect, The people that came and looked at it all tried to get me to come way down because of the engine, Told them nope and they all pretty much left in a tiff, Finally a collector from Texas came in and paid up no problem, After money changed hands and title signed, She pulled out a photo album of all her cars OMG. Cudas / Chargers / Novas / Super Bees, and others, Then told me she would have been willing to pay more than the asking price. Never saw one in that good condition.

Hold on to the parts, Someone out there knows what there worth, The others will keep looking and probably end up with junk.

Serious buyers always know what the "stuff" is worth and usually will not haggle over the price if it's reasonable. The trolls are the ones that like to come in and stir the pot.....:cookoo:

I usually let this stuff roll off and move on. Thanking them for their offer and declining. But it hit me at the wrong time. Kinda like I finally had it with all those maggots. Oh, I vented alright in a PM to the guy with me showing several sites and what it the normal going rate for said parts. I think I would've pimp smacked this dude.

Sucks is, is it comes with no matter what you sell. Only a few times have I sold things easy.

The only luck I have selling for a good price is ebay. Whenever I sell on the busa boards etc I get alot of lowballs and time wasters.

The time wasters are the ones I don't like. If I'm selling a freshly painted body for $1000 (which is too cheap to start with)and you offer $500 thats fine. But when I take your offer and you back out that when I get pissed. And that has happed to me.

option, contact the message board owners and have the sale sections locked as posting only. This enables you to list your ad but no one can publicly reply to it. Downfall is that if people do have valid questions, the info isn't conveyed. And any interest does not "bump" your ad to the top and most viewed area of the section.

The only luck I have selling for a good price is ebay. Whenever I sell on the busa boards etc I get alot of lowballs and time wasters.

The time wasters are the ones I don't like. If I'm selling a freshly painted body for $1000 (which is too cheap to start with)and you offer $500 thats fine. But when I take your offer and you back out that when I get pissed. And that has happed to me.

that is because used parts are normally more abundant and common on message board thus there is a more constant and viable supply.

years ago i listed a stretched arm on various message boards and couldn't get a willing buyer at $300. Same arm sold on ebay for over $900. I played with ebay a good deal after that. Ebay's ethics and polices have forced many sellers to be leery of selling there due to the fact the place is a buyers market and a seller can be ripped off with virtually zero ability at recourse.

I feel your pain, sold alot of things (not here) , and always have the guys that want something for nothing. Can't let it bother you. But that is easier said than done.

Back