What's up with Ebay?

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you know i have my painted 07' forsale on Ebay. I've never had so many people think they're gonna get an 07' new bike for $6500-8000.  They have to be out of their minds.  I know that it never hurts to ask, but come on!  That would be like going a Dodge dealer, looking at a Viper and offering $25K for it. Sure, i guess in some small way there might be some possible chance you might get the car, but in reality your wasting peoples time. I guess i'm just alittle frustrated.

when i sold my vrod on there last year i had to put up with that.
people must think we are in such a need for money we will give it away.

I ran in to the same mess selling my Harley on eBay...ended up going with a private sale and had much better results.

I guess people are so used to seeing those "outlandish deals" on eBay, they honestly think they're true!
laugh.gif

update your post on there put in big bold letters that you will not take low offers ... or something like that. I've never sold anything that valuable on there so not sure what the best route is ... but dont worry, they do the same stupid shid with much less valuable things. Had it for buy it now, $150 .... face value of the tix, guy emailed and said he'd give me $30 for it... I laughed and simply responded with, enjoy the game on television
laugh.gif

i had those types of responses with craigslist... you list something for sale and you get emails with offers for 1/4 the asking price.
guns.gif

I`m surprised that they not offering you $3400 for it, Isn`t it for what scammers usually advertising their Busas?
I sold about 80 cars on ebay since 1999 and I know exactly why are you so pissed.
Craigslist is even worse.
guns.gif

Don't be surprised when you get offers to trade your Busa for cash and 'their' car/bike. The best one I had was a guy wanting ME to finance HIM. He said I could keep the title until he was done paying me. I suggested that was a great idea and that I would deliver the bike to him with the title when he was done paying. I never heard from him again. LOL

well, look on the bright side, they could be willing to send you more than it's worth and have their "shipping agent" come pick up the product after you send them the difference. (thats a scam by the way)
super.gif
i've had it pffered to me many times, and the first time i actually had them send a check. The bank had no idea it was fake till they checked all the numbers.

I have sold 3 motorcycles a Porsche & a Jet Boat on e-bay - I set my opening bid at what I wanted to get for it. That got rid of the stupidity.

i bought my 06' for $8000.00 w/ only 1000 miles on it and it was mint w/ extras. cash talks, and sometimes people need the money. what pisses me off are the people that try to sell used stuff for the same price as new. bottom line is that jap motorcycles depreciate at an alarming rate. when you buy a busa or a gsxr used, chances are it has had the piss ran out of it. at least mine have. so remember, never buy a bike from me.
SHOCKED.gif

most people will probably think your bike was wrecked. why else would you paint an 07'. i wouldnt buy it for that reason. no offense.

I clearly state in the ad that the bike was never down, wrecked or damaged in ANY way. I simply wanted a bike this color and painted it so. Not everyone wants the blue,black or red offered in 07'.

I think the main reason is that people only read parts of the ad. Not all. Then, no matter what you say they think your lying to them.

They will never believe that you painted brand new bike.

Example: I bought Infinity I30 at insurance auction, it has salvage title. Car was not wrecked or flooded, just keyed all around. For some reason insurance company totaled it.

I took 100 pictures to prove it for future owner that car was not wrecked., before I repainted it.

If you have pictures of painting progress that would be great to post them in your listing.

Before I went to get the new Busa from the stealership, I was lookin to buy a used Busa so I was in flea bay for 3 months...
And what I learned from during that time, is like why did he paint aftermarket colors, prolly layed down, or wrecked it or ran the piss out of the bike and not lovin it no more...theres should be more reason behind it...
Even tho you are member here and I see your posts everyday but, when its coming down to buying a Busa for anyone? who knows about the bike or not, an aftermarket custom painted 07? It will be the last choice for the buyers in general...
bowdown.gif

Yea, I have to agree with the last 2 posts there are 2 sides to every story.

You are listing a bike that you dump some cash into and has less then 300 miles. That alone would concern me as a buyer, but to boot you don't even have the title.

Granted your $9k asking price is fair, but this isn't a brand new bike as you state in your ad. It's used, and being sold nby a private party, no stealership reltionships here.

The low ball offer of $8k is only 12% below your asking price, frankly I don't see that as unreasonable at all. And I as a buyer would assume, that if a bike being sold with only 300 miles, the seller is hurting for cash, or it' s stolen.

(species0113 @ Apr. 18 2007,12:06) i bought my 06' for $8000.00 w/ only 1000 miles on it and it was mint w/ extras. cash talks, and sometimes people need the money. what pisses me off are the people that try to sell used stuff for the same price as new.  bottom line is that jap motorcycles depreciate at an alarming rate. when you buy a busa or a gsxr used, chances are it has had the piss ran out of it. at least mine have. so remember, never buy a bike from me.
SHOCKED.gif

most people will probably think your bike was wrecked. why else would you paint an 07'. i wouldnt buy it for that reason. no offense.
+9999999

I guess i'm screwed. Believe it or not, the bike is not wrecked and I didn't paint the 07' plastics, they are on my 04'.

Me taking $8K is a joke.  Heck, yamahor paid almost that for his mint 04' last year.

I don't have a title because it's financed through Suzuki.  Even if a guy had to wait a few days to get a title, $9K for an 07' is more than a good deal.

If it makes a difference, i guess i'll have to sell it through my bike shop and charge outrageous billing fees and stuff to make people feel more comfortable.  
biggrin.gif

if you want top money ..put stock plastics back on it !! otherwise its 07 repaint. BIG BEWARE SIGN THAT SOMETHINGS SHADY TO A BUYER.ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!

I saw this on Ebay since you're only about 130 miles from me (didn't know it was yours). I'm looking to buy a Busa, but yes your ad did concern me. It's got really low miles, is an 07, and is already custom painted? My first thought is that it was dropped, eventhough the ad states it wasn't.

My question is, why didn't you just keep the stock plastics on it to sell it and put your old (custom painted) plastics back on your 04 since you want a bike this color. Why aren't you selling the 04 instead?

Back