EBAY: Helping to stop scammers, etc

Nijinsky3

Nijinsky ~ Horseweek 4/10
Donating Member
Registered
Got this a few minutes ago from ebay...it was in the "my messages" section of "My Ebay"....thought some might like to know about this. They are making it harder on the people who are stealing account #'s, etc. I hope it works!

Subject: My Messages: Now Contains Account Alerts, Member Messages and More! Received: Jun-28-05

You acted on this alert in My Messages, but it may still require your attention.
Dear eBay Community Member,

We are pleased to announce that the update to My Messages is now complete! The new My Messages provides you with:

Important account alerts
Protection against fake (spoof) emails
Customer Support correspondence
Member-to-Member communications
Use the links above to read more about each of these new features.

Important Account Alerts
On occasion, you may receive an alert related to your account such as:
Unpaid Item/Item Not Received notice
Credit Card Expiration/Collections notice
Suspension notice
These alerts are infrequent but important and require your immediate attention. When an account-related alert is sent to your My Messages Inbox, you may be notified when you sign in. A reminder will also appear near the top of most eBay pages.

Alerts will always be located at the top of your Inbox in priority order. They will remain in the topmost position and cannot be moved until they have been acted upon.

Protection Against Fake (Spoof) Emails
With My Messages, you now have a definitive, legitimate source for any communication from eBay that affects your account. Whenever eBay sends you an alert or message related to your account, it will be duplicated in My Messages.
Bottom line – if an email affects your eBay account, it’s in My Messages. If you get an email that looks like it’s from eBay about a problem with your account or requests personal information, look in My Messages. If the same eBay email is not in My Messages, it’s a fake. Please forward it to spoof@ebay.com.

Customer Support Correspondence
My Messages makes your Customer Support communications convenient and reliable. Whenever you contact Customer Support while you’re signed in, your message will be copied to your Sent folder for your records. The response from Customer Support will be sent to your My Messages Inbox and your registered email address. This will help you communicate quickly and easily with Customer Support in the secure environment of My Messages and ensure that you receive the response even if it is blocked by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Member-to-Member Communications
Now you can communicate with your transaction partners in My Messages. You can send, receive and respond to messages in a variety of ways including Ask a Question, Contact eBay Member, and Second Chance Offer. Member messages will remain in My Messages folders, including Inbox and Sent, for up to 30 days.
When you send a member-to-member communication, a copy will be kept in your Sent folder. In most cases you will also have the option of sending a copy to your registered email address.

Communications from other members will be sent to your My Messages Inbox and your registered email address. Even if your ISP blocks the message, you’ll still get it and you can be sure it was sent via the eBay site.

Trust and Safety would like to remind you that even when you know a message is from another member and came through the eBay site, you still need to exercise caution and good judgment about the legitimacy of the content. All member-to-member emails include a link for reporting inappropriate contacts or violations of eBay policy.

We hope you enjoy these new features in My Messages.

For more information about My Messages, read our Frequently Asked Questions or take the tour. As always, we value and welcome your ongoing feedback. Please leave your suggestions on the My eBay discussion board. While we are not able to respond to all comments directly, they will be read and considered for future enhancements.

Regards,

eBay

I LEFT A POST ON HERE ABOUT THIS BEFORE IF ALL OF US WHO KNOW THIS IS GOING ON KEEP ON EBAYS ASS ABOUT THIS THEY WILL STOP IT!!!! SO LIKE I SAID IF YOU KNOW ITS FAKE REPORT IT TO THEM SO THEY KNOW WE DONT WANT TO STAND FOR THIS!!!! THE MORE PEOPLE WHO DO THE SOONER IT WILL STOP!!!!!!
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

Back