Forged Magnesium Wheels

Dizzy

Registered
There are a variety of manufacturers that make Forged Aluminum and Magnesium Wheels. Which ones off the most weight savings from the stock wheels? I cannot find stock wheel weight for an 08 busa anywhere!!!

I found that so far my search has yielded the following info for 17"x3.5" front and 17"x6.0" rear wheel:

THE CARROZZERIA VSTAR FORGED ALUMINUM WHEEL - Average 6.9lbs (front), 13.1 lbs (rear) (Hayabusa) (Unknown model years)

Dymag Forged Aluminum: 8.6 lbs front and 14.6 lbs rear. (unknown if this is avail for 08 busa)

Dymag Forged Magnesium: 7 lbs front and 11.9 lbs rear. (unknown if this is avail for 08 busa)

Dymag Carbon Fiber 5 Spoke: 5.8 lbs front and 11.1 lbs rear. (unknown if this is avail for 08 busa)

Anyone have more info?

Go with the BST's  
beerchug.gif

bst2.jpg

BST Carbon Fiber are 3500 bucks! Damned expensive, but if their rear wheel weight is truly 5.95 lbs, I'd spring for em... but I can't imagine a 6.0" wide rear wheel weighing in as little as they claim when a 3.0" is 4.62 lbs. I think it's BS.

Typical wheel weights for BST Carbon Fiber:
4.62 lbs Front
5.94 lbs Rear

NEW Marchesini Alum Forged 10 spoke: Front: 7.64 pounds; Rear: 9.98

NEW Marchesini 10 spoke forged Magnesium wheels : Front: 6.04lbs, Rear: 7.76lbs

How do you balance carbon fiber wheels?
What kind of weights?
I would hate to see some ugly weights on such a nice wheel.

The way I am treating my bike is if it makes it Lighter, safer or quicker per pound, I'll consider it. Yes, I still have my reflectors on.

How do you balance carbon fiber wheels?
What kind of weights?
I would hate to see some ugly weights on such a nice wheel.

The way I am treating my bike is if it makes it Lighter, safer or quicker per pound, I'll consider it. Yes, I still have my reflectors on.
Tape weights, i buy black one tough!

Sexs_20on_20wheels_20097.jpg

Has anyone weighed a stock set of 08 wheels? Or a set of GSXR1k wheels?
The CZ wheels look great, but I don't know how much you save.

Really eh? Not too bad then, considering I was guessing they'd be around 7G's!

If I was more serious of a rider (lots of track days etc.) maybe but for the little chews around town, work and back and the odd road trip the stockers will have to suffice.

Back