New Rotobox Carbon Wheels

mark3evo

Registered
just arrived and fitted the 1st set of Rotobox Boost wheels fitted to a busa in UK

bike again transformed, instant turn, flip flops through the S bends

bike accelerates quicker , stops quicker and with the ohlins TTX shock and modded front forks, she handles like a 600

front wheel/tyre assembly 4 1/2 lbs lighter, rear wheel/tyre assembly 9 lbs lighter
lightest production wheel on the market , better quality than BST or Dymag.

moment of inertia lowest of ANY wheel.

expensive but makes riding fast non-tiring :)

IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG
IMG_0509.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG

Congrats they look good with the mods your done AKRA pipe wheels I wonder how much the big girl weights now I am guessing maybe 220kg wet range ? :thumbsup:

Congrats they look good with the mods your done AKRA pipe wheels I wonder how much the big girl weights now I am guessing maybe 220kg wet range ? :thumbsup:
No unfortunately the Gen2 is s heavy old bird

4:1 system , removed steering damper , wheels, Brembo calipers
Stock is 260 kg

Now 237kg

Still a big improvement

it cost me £2,800 or $3,339 at today's exchange rate (the ceramic bearings were included with the promotion)

honestly to me its good value, why it makes my busa handle like a 600 together with the Ohlins TTX shock and re-valved front forks

compared with a new bike, zx14r or the possible future gen3 i need not spend another £11K TO £14K bike that is std and the modification start all over again.

and of course in the UK there are more curves than straights, makes complete sense as i take my riding seriously
i could have spent it towards a 1441cc engine, but the 1340 is fast enough on the roads here

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes I would consider them as all my cars / bikes / trucks are paid for . Last two mods are full ackro and light wheels . Now wife may have me budget them in at a convenient time as we both want to retire early so saving has been a big focus . That said one still needs a splurge once in awhile .

Yes I would consider them as all my cars / bikes / trucks are paid for . Last two mods are full ackro and light wheels . Now wife may have me budget them in at a convenient time as we both want to retire early so saving has been a big focus . That said one still needs a splurge once in awhile .
i am looking to saving for me early retirement too, but sometimes needs must

these were my stock wheels at 72,600 miles, salt corroded and looked awful , i do ride all year when possible, hence the urgency for new wheels :)

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

Last edited:
Back