Wine Red Carrozzeria Wheels on Blue 08

AlanS

Registered
Geez. I wish I was a better photographer. But you get the idea...

Decided to go with Wine Red Carrozzerias on my blue 08.

I bought these from HPC (sponsor). When they quoted the price it was a done deal for me, and I stopped shopping around.

They arrived less than two weeks after I'd ordered them. HPC's in Maine, I'm in Cali. No sales tax. No shipping cost--for me, at least.

The most eventful part of this purchase was there were no events. Everything was as promised.

These wheels make a very noticeable change in the handling. The steering is quicker, lighter. It's hard to judge the acceleration--it pulls so hard, anyway--but I suspect it's a little faster (I also opted for a 44-tooth Supersprox) based on my freeway 'merge' immediately after getting these installed. Braking is another hard thing to gauge. I'll have to ride it a bit more before I make a call on that. But logically speaking, it ought to be a little more efficient.

The gold Kanjis had to go. They just didn't quite fit in with the red wheels. I'll get some red ones. Other than that, the red wheels with the deep blue paint look sharp. And more importantly, I like the way the bike feels with these lighter wheels in place.

Alan

P1010852.JPG

P1010854.JPG

P1010853.JPG

P1010855.JPG

P1010856.JPG

P1010857.JPG

Damn, but those wheels look great. Don't miss the Kanji's. Looks so clean
without'em

Wow Alan! That is definitely a 1st w/ Red rims on the Blue 08. You rolled the dice there & I commend you.
From one Carrozzeria rider to another, I can totally agree w/ the difference in feel when it comes to handling :thumbsup: It is a positive feel I noticed right away. It's all about reducing unsprung weight!

Bet your ready to get rid of the hideous outrigger stock exhaust now to show those beauties off huh!? Me too! You also need to scrap the rear reflectors, they detract from the look of the rear IMO. Interesting seat color choice...how do you like that Corbin?

When it comes to replacing your Kanji's w/ just about any shade of Red..... I HIGHLY recommend you talk to Rob @ Welcome to www.tapeworks.com the premier aftermarket design source for motorcycle graphics and decals on the web. He has a great selection and redid the graphics on my bike.
If you want to see pics...lemme know. Not trying to jack your thread.
Enjoy your new rims and the lighter, quicker feel :beerchug:

congrats on the nice wheels. they look very nice on the blue. youll deff be the only one at least for a while.

next thing you should do is dump the stock pipes. i noticed a huge difference in the way the bike feels when i went to a full setup. you can shave about 30+ lbs off her that way.

I might leave the Kanjis off. I kind of like the 'clean', uncluttered look, too. I've got my eyes on R-77's (slip-ons). I'd like to perform some more weight reduction on the bike. It improves everything else. Takeuon, I'll keep that shop in mind if the Kanjis 'win'. The Corbin is comfortable. I've had them on most of my bikes, but somehow this is the most comfortable of the lot. I think this seat's wider than the others were.

Last edited:
I might leave the Kanjis off. I kind of like the 'clean', uncluttered look, too. I've got my eyes on R-77's (slip-ons). I'd like to perform some more weight reduction on the bike. It improves everything else.

might as well get the full setup. the factory header midpipe and cats weigh more than my whole system.

Looks nice. As much as I love the sound of the Gen II cans, you must get something else to show those rims.
What part of Cali?
Bubba

I am not a fan of the Scorpion Serphant slip-ons but the grey would be what the doctor ordered. If you can find them.

Do away with the slip on concept. Why spend $$$ on after market wheels and get slip ons:whistle: Get you a full light weight system. You will be very happy with it. Makes a night and day difference on handling/performance. Yoshimura always has nice red logo's on their pipes.:bowdown:

I'm near Lancaster, which is near EAFB (where the shuttle lands when it's raining in Florida). I might opt for a full system. The weight's the thing on the exhaust, and the full system saves that much more weight. Hmmmm.... I had a striped t-shirt when I was a kid. I don't know why, but I sure loved it and remember it clearly today. It was navy blue and red/almost-purple striped. I'll look around for those pipes...

Last edited:
I'm near Lancaster, which is near EAFB (where the shuttle lands when it's raining in Florida). I might opt for a full system. The weight's the thing on the exhaust, and the full system saves that much more weight. Hmmmm.... I had a striped t-shirt when I was a kid. I don't know why, but I sure loved it and remember it clearly today. It was navy blue and red/almost-purple striped. I'll look around for those pipes...

Bigfisch is in Bakersfield and some others are up that way as well.
I will be in Crestline all weekend (caging it).
Ride safe Bro:beerchug:
Nice bike BTW.
Bubba

Red accents off of the 2010 black busa may go well with your blue 08 if you did like the graphics and kenji they used! Idea at least!

Back