Might be time for new rims

Bobby-T

Registered
Had an unfortunate mishap riding to work today. Work crews left a chunk of concrete from a Jersey barrier in the roadway. At 4:00AM, I didn't see the damn thing and ran over it. Bent my front rim and flatened the front tire. I'm considering replacing both rims with the Carrozzeria Vstar forged aluminum rims. Does anyone have any experience with them? From what I've read they look to be a reliable rim. The company has been making forged rims for motorcycles for 25 years. I would appreciate any feedback from the members.

File a no-fault (single vehicle) accident report with the highway patrol right away!

I had a front wheel replaced courtesy of Oyster Bay, NY 6 years ago. I met with a similar problem caused by some careless road construction.

As for the Carrozzerias, I'd take Marchesini wheels over them any day. I see that you have an Ape and a Duck, why would you even consider anything else? :laugh:

they wont do any better with the off roading !:rofl: seriously though always wondered about lighter weight rims , what if you hit somthin like a piece of jersey barrier ?

they wont do any better with the off roading !:rofl: seriously though always wondered about lighter weight rims , what if you hit somthin like a piece of jersey barrier ?

My thought exactly; I would leave the track heroics to the Duc & let the Busa do what it does best.

I have no feedback on the lightweght wheels but if you do get new wheels i may be interested in your stock rear wheel.

File a no-fault (single vehicle) accident report with the highway patrol right away!

I had a front wheel replaced courtesy of Oyster Bay, NY 6 years ago. I met with a similar problem caused by some careless road construction.

As for the Carrozzerias, I'd take Marchesini wheels over them any day. I see that you have an Ape and a Duck, why would you even consider anything else? :laugh:

I'm filing a report with the State Patrol today. Already contacted W.D.O.T. and they will be sending out the claim forms. I did look at Marchesini and they would take 4 months to get me a set. As for the Carrozzerias, the shop I'm dealing with doesn't handle them. I've decided to go with O.E.M. for now due to time & cost constraints. Thank you for your reply.

My thought exactly; I would leave the track heroics to the Duc & let the Busa do what it does best.

That was my ultimate decision as well. I will be replacing the front rim only with O.E.M. That wil save me about $1500. If my claim is authorized it will save even more.

I have no feedback on the lightweght wheels but if you do get new wheels i may be interested in your stock rear wheel.

After looking into my options with the dealer, I've decided to just replace the front rim with O.E.M. Gonna save me quite a bit of money that way.

I have been using Carrozzerias rims for many years. They are great. Very Very low maintenance, lighter than stock rims and never did I have a problem with them. Had them on my ZZR1200 and my 05 Busa. I have a new Busa coming so will figure out what to do about the rims, but it is high on my list. I hate black rims :( The chrome option is nice but adds approx 1.5 pounds to each wheel according to my contact. Rotational weight is a killer for performance but for show and go it is nice.

100_0251.jpg

100_0252.JPG

busa_sideshot2.jpg

100_1149.jpg

Back