Hit a pothole - bent a rim. Anyone knows a shop on Long Island (NY)?

IG.

Registered
Was riding to the track day from Long Island, NY to the Pocono's (PA) on I-80. Was changing lanes and boom - hit pretty hard, but no wobble, and luckily didn't go down. Was doing around 80. The front rim has a dent - not too bad, but not safe for riding on the track. Had to ride back home. The tire was holding the air allright. Thanks to SmarTire I installed years ago, I had a good eye on the air pressure.

So, anyone from Long Island, NY area, can you recommend a place which could straighten the rim? I already sent a pm to Revolution - he is from LI, too.

Any chance I could do it myself? Are the rims made from aluminum? Any advice?

Thanks.

If its just the stock wheel on your bike just replace it. Would be cheaper than trying to fix it.

There is a place in NYC that straightens wheels , the truck does mobile service for car wheels but bike wheels need to go back to his shop. saw the truck at Traction Plus on main st in Sayville if you call there they will give you the name of the company I think he was stopping there once a week . doing high end wheels low profile tire damage. He gave me a quote for two wheels like $75 but I was in need of tires and a member had wheels ready to go with tires for 300 so I went that route instead , ended up scrapping the wheels

yeah its settin in , Rode the 05 to work and back today .not that its a bad bike just 35000 miles needs tires ,fork seals, probably a few other TLC items , but Ill get there.
ThanX

Back