dymag wheels for the Bus

OB_Bob

Registered
I am ready to order my dymags now. Magnesium wheels in silver--5 spoke or 3. Or, combo dymag carbon/magnesium three spoke only.

Hmmm I have a set of three spoke silver mag on hold til Monday. $1800. The 5 spoke are $1900. They claim that the 3 spoke have more strength torsionally. But, I like the looks of the 5 spoke better, I think. The carbon rim magnesium spoke wheels are now available with silver spokes. $2650.
Does anyone have a Black/Charcoal Busa with silver wheels? Not chrome. Would love to see a photo.
All magnesium wheels weigh 11lbs for the rear and 7 lbs for the front. 13 lb savings over stock.
Stock wheels weigh 19 lbs. for the rear and 12 lbs. for the front.
Carbon rim/Mag spoke weigh 5.5 lbs for the front and 8.5 lbs for the rear. 17 lbs saved.
Bob
photos?? e-mail me if you have a black Busa--Please!
ramair1@flash.net
507-512 lbs wet weight wet!! full tank

silver always looks good with black.I had a set of rc tritons last year the looked great.I also have been thinking along those lines for the weight loss.

Bob, I don`t have wheel pictures but wanted you to check out American Roadracing...great article on the new R-1....sounds like you`ve got a hard decision. Don (rotts4u) has a set on his copper I think...its a great looking bike.

How about the weight of the full carbons as opposed to stock. I cant wait to hear your thoughts after riding with these on!

Omega, I'm sure the full carbons would be awesome. The only problem is you need $4550 to find out. Or you can ask Kawabuser about them.

...I plan to go with the Custom Carbon with red hub (I have a black Busa)...we will compare them to KawAbusers's but it won't be a perfect comparison as I will not be fitting a single sided swing arm of any flavor...still saving my pennies...brakes, wheels, and suspension upgrades look to total about $7000...not too bad when one considers the cost of a factory race kit...no bullshit parts either...Dymag, PFM, Ohlins, Mikune...just cost effective...from what I have been reading, as well as how I feel, I will be sticking with the Pilots...

Yes, full carbon is the hot ticket, but $4000+, ouch., rather have the Blue R1. Yes, I decided. Done deal as of today. She will arrive mid-march.
Kawabuser is fortunate enough to have full carbon. Bastard. How little do they weigh??
UNSPRUNG weight!!
Spring--WHERE ARE YOU
Bob

$ 4000+ may be better spent on a turbo, or as a down payment on a lighter bike. Have an R-1, as backup to my Busa.( just my 2 cents)

c.dolan, you dont understand Bob and I are fanatics when it comes to this bike. And dont even mention KawAbuser. He makes Bob and I look like we're Omish..........lol

WELL SAID HAPO, this is all chassis prep for a Turbo. What the f*ck good is all that power if it doesn't stop and handle better. The Busa is not a little or light bike to begin with.

I will not know what the bike is about until we unload on our way down to Daytona.

R1.....Great choice, red or blue in 2000. It is the best looking red one they have offered yet.

929....Saw it yesterday in red, I think it may look better in yellow as the red did not look so great to me.

RC51...CAN'T WAIT! is it april yet!

Back