Carbon body and wheels

Just a suggestion to all of you ordering anything from Andrew or anyone else. USE A CREDIT CARD. I prefer to use the American Express, then if you have to dispute the charges later you simple call their 800 number and they take it off you card end of story. You can do this with Visa too but it is much more difficult.

Now as far as Andrew goes I have had very good luck with him. So far I have bought the first set of Hayabusa wheels that came to the USA last year. My delivery was quoted as 4 weeks and they actually came in about 3 weeks.

Since then I have ordered several sprockets and at least one chain and he has always been prompt and fair each time. I have taken sprockets off so many times I have worn out my rear hub.I am about to order a new hub so I will see how that goes, and keep you all posted.

Don

If the DYMAG is a better wheel, then why is MARCHESINI on just about every US Superbike, World Superbike, and 250cc & 500cc FIM GP bike?

As for service and Superbike racing, you need to read RoadRacing World. Many people have sent letters to the editor (as well has Andrew with a response).

Glad you like Andrew, glad you had good response. I have had problems. As for why I chose the wheels, it's simple, they make carbon wheels (this is why I sold my Techno in the first place). Look at my posts above, did I say that Dymag wheels were bad? No, just the support I recieved at SBR.

I all fairness to Dymag, I did receive an e-mail from Andy Goswell offering assistance yesterday.

My attitude reflects the service that I have received. I went AGAINST the recommendation from several people (mostly AMA racers, reporters, mechanics, and even hayabusa.org list members) not to deal with them. I was very nice, never did I once treat them bad.
I gave SBR racing a chance, so far they have failed. Real funny you blame me (the customer who spent $2700 for a product that does not work) and *my* attitude for the problem.

Eddie, if you want to know the entire story (time line, the works) just e-mail me. I'm sure that the people on the list really don't care to see this crap any more.

Omega - What's behind us is not important. I ordered the street fighters. The polished coated alum. rim can be changed for $200 bucks. Also the 3 spoke is a little stronger than the 5 spoke. I'm told that the color match for the new Kaw. green is dead on. (powder coating) The weight difference is minimal. The difference between the carbon wheels and the mags is like the difference between the mags and the stock wheels. If you have the money the full carbon wheel are ridiculously light, and stronger than steel. Nothing compares!! To much for me, I'm putting two kid through collage.

Jeffw - After reading your post, 16 week for delivery, weeks of dealing with a defective wheel, and the balls to make you pay for shipping for the defective wheel (at that price) back. I'd be irate. for the principle I'd be in court for the shipping alone. Nothing irks me more than being treated the way you were treated. If you were treated like that, anyone could/and will get treated like that when they have a problem. Jeff please let us know what's the final outcome.

Koz

GSX FIRST YOUH CAN BET THOSE WHEELS ARE ONLY USED ONCE SECOND THATS HOW THEY SELL WHEELS TO THE PUBLIC WE SEE THEM SO WE BUY THEM THIRD WHY ARE THE OUTLAWED IN THE ILSE OF MAN RACE DYMAG IS THE ONLY WHEEL STRONG ENOUGH TO PASS A TEST FOR BEING STREET LEGAL.

Have you heard of endorsement? If Mr. GPRacer tells you he runs a certain wheel and they are good then you'll probably buy some. The companies know this and therefore GIVES them wheels to run. AND they are probably run once or twice and that's it. Those guys may have a preference to what they "want" to run, but when it comes down to it they'll run whatever they can get ahold of for free or cheap as long as it is a good product even if so for just a short time. A minute decision making factor is long term reliability, but should be a major factor for anyone on any kind of a budget. Just like race tires kick @$$ for performance but everyday roadwork will eat them in no time.

Jeff,

Yes, by all means, e-mail me at davlin@tiac.net because I'd love to hear the whole story as I am about to send them payment for my wheels!!

I didn't mean to place any blame on you, I was just asking. From what you've written after my post, I am now understanding a bit more why you are so unhappy with them.

Definitely e-mail me with the details, because I will bring it up with both Andrew and Andrea when I return from my honeymoon (getting married tomorrow) on the 12th of August.

Again, no hard feelings Jeff, I was just trying to get the whole story out of you. Please accept my apologies if you have taken my post the wrong way.

Peace,

Ed DeGagne (Fast_Eddie)
davlin@tiac.net
www.indiepro.com/busa

AND...if anyone knows another US distributer for Dymag wheels, post it here so we all know.

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited 03 August 2000).]

Back