Carbon Fiber Body parts

wht_scorpion

Registered
What should I look out for when buying carbon fiber body part from online and what should I be asking. Looking to get carbon fiber body panel, front nose, tail section, front fender, frame sliders, wind screen, mirrors, Just thinking about it trying to lighten up my bike. any other suggestion that I'm forgetting.
Thanks guys

this thread might help you with ideas to LIGHTEN a Busa: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/content/67-how-i-came-own-two-hayabusas-superbyke.html

I do not have firsthand experience buying CF panels online but things i would be considering:
* ask for sample CF pieces (little square/strip) so you can physically examine the quality of their work (weave pattern, finish, etc.)
* feedback history/testimonials from previous customers/BBB
* after-sales support/return policy

P.S. FWIW, the best "weight reduction" mod I did was to drop 40 lbs from my waistline :beerchug:

The problem I see is if there really is any weight loss as some of the Carbon Fiber I have seen is pretty thick and barely lighter than stock. There are some fiberglass companies that are pretty light too. Once you add light bodywork and paint on it you just added weight back on it. Not a ton but it won't be as light. If your buying for weight loss, consider fiberglass since you will need to paint it. If you want the Carbon Fiber look then go for that and hopefully it is made well but light.

Back