For those that have been to.....

Exdukenut

Registered
Well I'm off to NZ for 12 days, to ride my Busa, in 1 month, and for those that have taken their Busa to the track, what sort of pressures are you running for Michilen Pilot Powers? That's what is currently on them. The guy I bought it from threw them on for me before I bought the bike, (they had Bridgestone 014's on which I used up on my 3 day trip the last time I used the bike back in March). I think they may have maybe 30kms on the road at this stage so they are will be nice and fresh for me when I arrive. We will probably do approx 3500kms in those 12 days, plus the track day, first day out on the tour.

On my Aprilia I usually would run 31F/32R for them, but note here my Ape is about 50kgs lighter, and with slicks I can run down to 29F & R.

Just thought I'd throw the question out there!
cool.gif

I like them at 32 COLD front and rear. They warm up to about 34. When they are down below 32 they feel squirmy to me, and sluggish on turn ins and transitions. PP's have a soft carcass so I like em at a tad higher pressue than stiffer tires (like Pirellis and Dunlops).

I usually run Pirelli SuperCorsas or Metzler Racetecs 31 F 30 R....what are the track conditions and temperatures for your track day
rock.gif

Here is a link to the track in NZ. Taupo, NZ Circuit. Ambient temps I blieve will be around low 20's deg C, thereabouts. The track is about 2 years old, so surface should be pretty good.

Tks for the tyre temps. That's about what I would have thought.

Yep I like Pirelli's better than the PPs, but that is what is on the bike, and they aren't that bad compared to Pirellis. I usually run Pirelli SC2 front, and SC3 rear slicks at Eastern Creek in Sydney, Oz, and tyre warmers, but because I'm away, I won't have that luxury here.

I'll definately won't be red misting myself, as we'll have a further 10 days of riding to accomplish after the track day.

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif
jump9.gif
30 Days and counting. There will be about 10 of us at various times on the trip. Should be an absolute hoot. I'm really looking forward to getting reacquainted with my Busa, who I'm sure has been lonely for all this time, (but well pampered for in a great shed alongside my mates o4 RSV Factory)!

cool.gif

So you expect temps of about 68-75 fahrenheit...I would start out @32psi cold and check your pressure
as soon as you finish your first session so you know what that equals with the tire hot
wink.gif
then depending how they feel and are wearing, adjust accordingly.

Too many variables to just set them and ride all day...track temps, how much grip or grit on a two year old surface ? , your pace ?

Tks for the responses, but it sounds and loks like not too many people take their Busa to the track.

As to BA Busa's post, on My Ape I can definately say that at 48, I'm aware of my limitations. Currently 17 secs off the Eastern Creek Sydney, Oz lap record, but fast enough to hose a lot of wannabees on their race I4s, which is pretty cool!  They come up and ask me what the bike is, and I tell them just a "simple" sports tourer!  
tounge.gif

Anyways, when it comes to the track on the Busa, I've ridden it currently for 3 days, back in March, and as I stated above, I certainly won't be "red misting" myself, on an unknown bike, on an unknown track, and with 10 days of touring fun still to go! Do you blame me?  
wink.gif

Anyway big tks, for the input given, it's much appreciated!

I'll definately keep you posted re the trip, and pop in from time to time, and keep abreast of all things Busa. It's certainly been interesting coming from the Aprilia Forum, I frequent, and you guys have certainly made me feel very welcome, considering my normal ride is an Aprilia!
smile.gif
Couple of pics to keep you guys honest!  
super.gif

Turn1_Small.JPG

Aha, so now we're going to start throwing trackday pics around
ukliam3.gif

Take this
firedevil.gif

post-6-90993-buttonwillow_cotton_corners3.jpg

Back