Fogging vs Spraybar

Well the research I have seen shows they do work:beerchug: It wasnt one of Gixx's systems but I'm a firm believer. Same bike, smaller jet, MORE HP???

Got to apologize for bashing ya system Gixx.SORRY ,They do work.:cheerleader:

No problem

Most of my stuff is Patented. I have 8 with another 2 Patents pending.

You dont like Poly lines. No problem,you can upgrade to Stainless steel or Steel Braided lines with my Spraybar kits.

This thread was to give info for Fogging and Direct Injection. Got way off track didnt it.

No problem

Most of my stuff is Patented. I have 8 with another 2 Patents pending.

You dont like Poly lines. No problem,you can upgrade to Stainless steel or Steel Braided lines with my Spraybar kits.

This thread was to give info for Fogging and Direct Injection. Got way off track didnt it.
Not necessarily off track, when talking about these things the conversation is bound to take some twists and turns. I have learned some things, and thank you all for that.

wait till they see the "natural" gas ring for the turbo we built... :) :whistle:

wait till they see the "natural" gas ring for the turbo we built... :) :whistle:

Sonds really good will you go ahead and post pictures with details and any bluprints if time add the vendors for materials please.:poke: Your history sounds good I know you understand the - not wanting to be copied ordeal - :rulez:

Sonds really good will you go ahead and post pictures with details and any bluprints if time add the vendors for materials please.:poke: Your history sounds good I know you understand the - not wanting to be copied ordeal - :rulez:
you need to get into the "racing" mods biz... you will find that your "blueprints" are in guys heads and they are not at all concerned with getting "copied" the idea is to have something no one else has and it works..
but on to the part...

actually it is a gas fired 'flame' ring..

Turbo chargers are not powered by exhaust flow, they derive their energy from "heat"

With our dragster, we needed boost NOW... we developed a ring bolts on to the hot side of the turbo and fires fuel into the flow... instant boost... we got blackballed by NHRA on that one too... it worked as it was but had ways to go to optimize it... (o2 or n02 injection would have really made it pop, those fixes were addressed specifically by the rules guys. At the time they were legal as they were not used as oxidizers for the fuel going into the motor, only the exhaust)

We then experimented with C02 and nitrogen (bent the vanes).. as well as h20 (expands more than fuel by almost 2:1)

no holds barred rules can come up with stuff that does strange things...

Last edited:
Bogus,
very clever, a turbo afterburner. How did you add an oxydizer to the fuel? I think I remember hearing about a similar approach that the army tried on the Allison V12. There were turbo and supercharged versions of that motor, but the turbo had an afterburner injector. The turbo never saw combat though because it didn't fit into the P51 and P40 at the time. Maybe your right, and I am too old if I remember this stuff...

Fogging through the air filter with equal velocity stacks

1-28-10.jpg

Fogging through the filter with mix velocity stacks

1-28-102.jpg

Fogging without the filter with equal velocity stacks

1-28-104.jpg

Bogus,
very clever, a turbo afterburner. How did you add an oxydizer to the fuel? I think I remember hearing about a similar approach that the army tried on the Allison V12. There were turbo and supercharged versions of that motor, but the turbo had an afterburner injector. The turbo never saw combat though because it didn't fit into the P51 and P40 at the time. Maybe your right, and I am too old if I remember this stuff...
never got that far... we had Division 7 officials all over us after we tagged the 200mph barrier at Denver.. All the big "blower" guys wanted us off the track (Gene Mooneyham leading the pack).. we were 2/10th's off the pace but the MPH upset them cause we beat them there..

I figured we could just inject any point after the exhaust valve...

and maybe you are getting old.. :) I think some of this could still be fun on a street ride but the problem is you guys have built these things with so much power already, how you going to use it?

We had to work around rule books.. (no nitrous down the intake tract PERIOD).. no one said anything about post exhaust valve right? :) That rule set morphed right before our very eyes...

Like this spray bar.. at 30-50hp probably makes little difference where you pump the nitrous in.. at volumes so high it slows the flow past the throttle bodies down to nothing? now it makes a BIG difference.. The engineering starts to pay off.. I still am a big advocate of the KISS principal..

I am pretty impressed with how well the dry systems do.... so simple yet works really well..

Now about "hidden" systems... Wayne County ring a bell? :rofl:

Last edited:
Fogging through the air filter with equal velocity stacks

Fogging through the filter with mix velocity stacks

Fogging without the filter with equal velocity stacks
do you think the fogger nozzle is loading a couple cylinders too much ? pic 2 would have me worried...

also brings to mind that fact that a motor that makes equal power on all cylinders makes better power than an identical motor with uneven power balance yet has same hp..

Last edited:
do you think the fogger nozzle is loading a couple cylinders too much ? pic 2 would have me worried...

also brings to mind that fact that a motor that makes equal power on all cylinders makes better power than an identical motor with uneven power balance yet has same hp..

Yes it is but remember this is a static test. There is no airflow going into the airbox

Last edited:
Back