52 Jet used in both
MVC-015F.jpg

Fan Spray nozzle vs Needle nozzle
MVC-014F-1.jpg

Fan Spray at 950 psi with a 52 jet
DryN2.jpg

Spraybar at 950 psi with a 52 jet
MVC-016F.jpg

More pics of both Spraying in an Airbox coming later.

The amount of nitrous sprayed by both is the same. The difference is in the distribution to the throttle bodies. A jet of a given size is only going to allow so much gas through, no matter what is located downstream of it.....

The amount of nitrous sprayed by both is the same. The difference is in the distribution to the throttle bodies. A jet of a given size is only going to allow so much gas through, no matter what is located downstream of it.....
we always ran foggers (pointed away from the intake valve, but they were buried deep inside the tunnel ram manifolds..

usually around 50hp per nozzle.... single stage and hit really hard..

As I understand it Bogus, the closer the solenoid to the jet, the "harder" the hit, but the size of the jet is the limiting factor in this example. No matter if you fog the airbox, or shoot it down the throttlebodies, the amount of nitrous is exactly the same.

we ran all kinds of configurations and on big power hits, it did not seem to make a lot of difference for our application (Drag boat) ended up running "Pro Fogger" set at about 400HP with the nozzles mounted in the manifold bosses..

tried port nozzles and hat nozzles (Enderle bird catcher) but really did not seem to matter.. the combustion chambers looked more uniform when the nozzles were pointed up.. Guessing the mix was better like that..

personally, I do not like the combustible mixture any further away from the intake valve than necessary... air box/ manifold explosions are pretty bad.. :)

Last edited:
As I understand it Bogus, the closer the solenoid to the jet, the "harder" the hit, but the size of the jet is the limiting factor in this example. No matter if you fog the airbox, or shoot it down the throttlebodies, the amount of nitrous is exactly the same.

No,it is not the same amount of Nitrous that goes into the combustion chamber. That is the BIG misconception of Fogging vs a Spraybar.

And Dry Nitrous is non combustible

Last edited:
No,it is not the same amount of Nitrous that goes into the combustion chamber. That is the BIG misconception of Fogging vs a Spraybar.
The jet goes into the line upstream of the distribution block correct? The jet allows a given amount of gas through at a given pressure, correct? Unless there is a leak in the airbox, or some other variable we aren't taking into account, how does more nitrous get burned with a spraybar?

Dry nitrous is combustible in the airbox if the motor backfires. There is no difference between the nitrous side of a dry and wet system. If the motor backfires, fuel is introduced into the airbox, and combustion can occur.
Let's don't make this into a pissing contest, we both know the details of how it works.

Yes there are other variables that you arent taking into account. Dry Nitrous Spraybars (and I'm not only talking about mine) put more Nitrous into the combustion chamber thaan fogging the airbox even when the same size jet is used in both.

Last edited:
Yes there are other variables that you arent taking into account. Dry Nitrous Spraybars (and I'm not only talking about mine) put more Nitrous into the combustion chamber thaan fogging the airbox.
Can/will you explain what those variables are? Where is the nitrous going from the airbox if not into the combustion chamber? At speed the fog in the airbox is forced down the t/b into the combustion chamber, correct? I can see how a spraybar would deliver an even amount to each cylinder, where fogging may not, but with fogging if less nitrous enters, less air will also.

Yes there are other variables that you arent taking into account. Dry Nitrous Spraybars (and I'm not only talking about mine) put more Nitrous into the combustion chamber thaan fogging the airbox even when the same size jet is used in both.
The only way I could see that happening is if there is a bottle neck "post" nitrous jet...

if a jet flows 2lbs per second... then it wont matter where in the intake system that 2lbs is injected.. if you restrict it with down stream plumbing, they I can see an issue..

I'm not knocking your product, just not following your logic.

No problem. I have refrained from Posting some info lately because there was a shop that copied some of my ideas. They even posted some of my info on their website.
It is all about density. If you fog the airbox that Nitrous is spread out over the inside of the airbox to all 4 velocity stacks. The expansion fills the volume of the airbox before it goes into the intake tract from a single source. When that happens the Nitrous is mixed with the air and goes into the intake tract with less pressure and less Gas density than a Spraybar. Since the Spraybar's nozzle keeps the Nitrous in a tighter pattern it is more dense and not effected by the volume of the airbox or the Ramair. Here is a pic of on my my Nozzles during testing. You can see how dense the gas is compared to a fog nozzle.

ln2_he_mr51_6000001.jpg

nitrous works best when dispersed from all I have been able to test or read up on..

Nitrous releases the oxygen molecule when heated.. that o2 molecule now needs fuel to be of any use.. if you concentrate that molecule on one side of the combustion chamber, you can have problems if there is not sufficient fuel... wrong?

nitrous is just a supercharger in a liquid/gas form... packs more oxygen into the same place.. just now following how 1 lb of nitrous could end up less than 1 pound because its injection point..

I know the fogger nozzle was developed just for the ability to atomize that liquid flow with fuel...

Last edited:
So because the pattern is tighter, and the gas colder, it delivers it more efficiently. In essence you are saying that fogging the airbox does not effectively deliver as much gas as a given jet is rated for, due to expansion, but a spraybar does. Would that be a correct understanding of what you're saying?

So because the pattern is tighter, and the gas colder, it delivers it more efficiently. In essence you are saying that fogging the airbox does not effectively deliver as much gas as a given jet is rated for, due to expansion, but a spraybar does. Would that be a correct understanding of what you're saying?

yes that is it. But the temp at the Nozzle tips are the same (close to -125 degrees)

yes that is it. But the temp at the Nozzle tips are the same (close to -125 degrees)
But the temp at the tips of the spray lines would be far colder than the temp of the fog at the t/b. Colder=denser. Understood. Thanks for explaining what you meant.:beerchug:

Back