Spraybar Jetting possibly getting a bank started

Wild07

Registered
I just purchased and installed my PerformanceFirst single stage spraybar and have a question about jetting. I know with fogging the entire box most people will run a HP number that is similar to what the jet size is ie: a .038 jet is USUALLY somewhere around a 35-42 hp increase. Now, I read the whole spraybar vs fogging thread and got nowhere. Looking through some of my books I've got about fuel and various induction systems, there are some jetting recommendations, but not much when it comes down to a "direct" port system for a dry shot. I'm setup right now with a +15% increase in fuel on my N2O map, and am installing a .028 jet tonight just to see how she pulls with that figuring a small jet will still keep me safe on the AFR. I'm looking for something around a 40-45hp increase total, so putting me right around 205-210 at the wheel

Is there anyway we could get a bank of spraybar jetting going in this forum? I know most people dont want to give up their "secrets" about the jet size they run, or their setups, but for what it's worth, odds are I'll never meet or race the VAST majority of members here in person, so I'm not too concerned.

If noone wants to do it, I guess I'll at least post up my tuneup after I can get back to the Dyno for a few pulls with a few smallish jets and their hp levels and fuel tunes.

Lots of variables like Solenoid orifice size and bottle pressure but I will post up a guide line later. a 28 jet should give you a 38-40 shot.

Thanks Gixx. I've got an Edelbrock solenoid with a .115" orifice. Bottle pressure should be kept around 950psi. I know both will change how it actualyl delivers N2O, but with the differences in delivery I figured it would be good to have a small database for those of us that may not have the time or funds to get our AFR's set dead on where we want them. Thanks again for the FANTASTIC spraybar! Install was a breeze other than blowing my phone halfway across the shop when testing for leaks...:banghead:

20 25hp
22 27hp
24 30hp
26 35hp
28 40hp
30 44hp
32 48hp
34 50hp
36 55hp
38 60hp
40 65hp
42 75hp
44 85hp
46 94hp
50 100hp

Install was a breeze other than blowing my phone halfway across the shop when testing for leaks...:banghead:[/quote]

:rofl: Not laughing at you bro, just can so imagine that!! :laugh:

No, wasnt scared at all, just always think for a few minutes about stuff when it comes to drilling into things like airboxes.:whistle: Thanks for the chart Gixx!!

Tox, it was pretty funny. I was holding the airbox in my left hand, leaned against my leg with the nozzles pointing towards the back half of the bike with a few wrenches and my phone sitting on the back seat. Hit the button to check for leaks, and next thing I know my girl is yelling at me! Let off and looked at her like she was crazy till I realized she was telling me I just sent my crackberry bouncing off the garage door and across the floor!! :banghead:

No, wasnt scared at all, just always think for a few minutes about stuff when it comes to drilling into things like airboxes.:whistle: Thanks for the chart Gixx!!

Tox, it was pretty funny. I was holding the airbox in my left hand, leaned against my leg with the nozzles pointing towards the back half of the bike with a few wrenches and my phone sitting on the back seat. Hit the button to check for leaks, and next thing I know my girl is yelling at me! Let off and looked at her like she was crazy till I realized she was telling me I just sent my crackberry bouncing off the garage door and across the floor!! :banghead:

Damn bro that had to SUCK :banghead: Thats the kind of $hieot that happens to me! :laugh:

@gixx

Do you have a similar chart for the single fan-nozzle with your plate on bottom of the airbox ?

@gixx

Do you have a similar chart for the single fan-nozzle with your plate on bottom of the airbox ?

14 6hp
16 9hp
18 12hp
20 15hp
22 17hp
24 20hp
26 25hp
28 30hp
30 34hp
32 38hp
34 40hp
36 45hp
38 50hp
40 55hp
42 65hp

Great , thanks

so 36 would be the max for stock.

Think with my short bike i will start at 26

Comparing the charts....
in concrete a 40 hp-shot

Spraybar .28 jet
fa nozzle .34

so thats a lot more efficent

concerning the size of jets would then a smaller bottle last longer , and as another effect , bottle pressure not drop down
the same amount with the smaller jet.

Read a lot about your bar , and know for such "litttle" shot in a stock shortbike it would be oversized.

Leigh, the wet spray should stay consistent with a wet direct port. Of course, if I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but I would say even though you're going from one jet to four, given that pressures are consistent across all four fittings, it should be the same.

Leigh, the wet spray should stay consistent with a wet direct port. Of course, if I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but I would say even though you're going from one jet to four, given that pressures are consistent across all four fittings, it should be the same.

Using gixx1300r's wet spray bar, the jet spread sizes are nothing like "normal" nozzles. His bar only has 1 jet for NOS & 1 for fuel. Got the sizes for a 40 shot but may go bigger now i have timing control :thumbsup:. Leigh

I would think you would actually need a larger jet(since it's split 4 ways) in a wet shot? Every wet shot I've seen on a motorcycle requires one fuel and one N2o jet set per cylinder, not like cars where you've got a carb spacer/bar setup. The spread should be the same. Like I've said before, I'm no expert, I just try to keep up with things and making sense of them to myself and learning it.

Gixx1300r bought your bar used it with a Big solenoid Zex kit 2lb bottle sprayed the house down with a 38 jet after Walter Sprout tuned bike on dyno, WOW! first night out shaved 1/2 second off my usal time, should have no problem getting my nines now(Handicapp 250lbs). Hoping to step up to maybe 42 jet call it good at 75shot. Ill see how fuel holds :thumbsup:up or squeeze regulator a tad.

Back