Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

The factory 02 sensor will handle just about everything you change pretty well. You can tune only the top 20% for fuel trims. The 02 sensor isn't used under hard acceleration. The ECU defaults to the mapped settings, then looks at the 02 sensor after the RPMs become a bit more stable. By then you won't be at 100% throttle anymore, or your about to achieve orbit. :thumbsup:

Apparently o2 is only in closed loop under 5,500 and under 20% throttle ............. outside of that it's open loop. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Do you guys have your O2 sensor hooked or is it disconnected using the O2 sensor plug from the power commander? Just trying to find out because my ECU interface arrives today, but won't be able to install it until Monday (working). I want to make sure I start off on the right track.....:laugh:

Mines in the bin .................. prefer to control all fuelling thru mapping plus the 02 sensor even in closed loop is not adjusting for power it's adjusting for economy and exhaust emissions............. but then I have daily access to a dyno also. :thumbsup:
:beerchug:

Last edited:
but then I have daily access to a dyno also. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Well....why dont ya just Rub it in? :laugh: :lol:
Stealth, Please dont take what I said the wrong way Bro. :please: I just have my way of thinking(not that it's always right??)and was just trying to put my opinion out there. :beerchug: EE2 is New to me also, as for most of us its all a learning curve, and the more data, thoughts, experiences, we can ALL share here the better I think. :thumbsup:

Do you guys have your O2 sensor hooked or is it disconnected using the O2 sensor plug from the power commander? Just trying to find out because my ECU interface arrives today, but won't be able to install it until Monday (working). I want to make sure I start off on the right track.....:laugh:

Well on my Brocks header it does not have a Bung for the Stock O2 sensor....But I plan on re-installing it. Petrik has added the O2 reading into the Gauge Data Screen, so it would be nice to have and use for Tuning in Certain Map area's. :beerchug:

So you guys are saying it's a good idea to flash the ecu with my Bazzaz map and hook back up the stock o2 sensor? My Tsukigi Cannon pipe has the right size for the stock o2 sensor.

Great New's Guy's!! Seems Petrik has hit this Bazzaz Map Conversion Spot-On(what else would we expect though:-))! Today I finally found some time and loaded my Custom Bazzaz Map into EE2 and Completely disconnected my Bz Box(unpluged Top & Bottom Bz fuel injector harness)from the Fuel injectors. I went for Two(2) 20-30min rides........
I FELT NO DIFFERENCE between having my Bz hooked up and useing only EE2(W/Bz Map loaded), actually if any diffrence....It felt even Stronger(prob all in my head though!). I also Confirmed AFR data with before and after runs, pretty much the exact same!:thumbsup: In a couple spots it was a "Little" Richer if anything, But could be as minor as difference in Air or Temp.
I'm telling you Fella's, I Cruised, Beat on her a little, in town, on freeway, I put my busa through just about EVERY scenario I could think of......AND NOT A HICK-UP ONE! No Popping, No hesitation, No stumbling, NOTHING but PERFECTION!!!! :cool:

Which leads me to assume one of two things......
A. These aftermarket Fi Box's(i.e. PC & Bazzaz)dont really even toutch the IAP side, but in fact only tune/modify TPS only?
B. If they do in fact tune/modify IAP, then it must only be minute?
Guess Dyno Room would be only way to know for sure?

Great Job Petrik on making this transition so EASY :bowdown:

PS, Anyone want to buy a Bazzaz Box? :laugh:.......No seriously.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Toxsick... you are testing this without the stock o2 sensor? What would hooking the o2 sensor back up do? Thanks, Dozer.

EE2 is New to me also, as for most of us its all a learning curve, and the more data, thoughts, experiences, we can ALL share here the better I think.

Exactly and well said, two heads are better than one and twenty heads far better than two :rofl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Toxsick, no harm man. Totally fine. Like I said I am open to criticism, as long as no one is calling me a complete idiot. Now I am glad to hear your bike is running spot on as we were all curious. I am thinking that the PCV map I have is the only reason mine is popping as I changed my map instead of copying one I already had like you did. So as far as EE2 is concerned, this is hands down the best way to tune a hayabusa. I can say with a specific map or even better, a dyno tune for mine, I am sure it would run like a champ. For now I prefer a little on the rich side for safety. It runs like I always hoped it would. Mine idles smooth, accellerates hard with no hicups, and cruises at a steady speed with no problems. Just like stock but a bump in power. I only had an issue when full throttle shifting between first and second gears and also from second to third gears. That was just a pop that isn't really loud. So like you I am very pleased with the way the bike has responded to this software. Now if someone in the Twin Cities metro has a dyno and willing to tune with this software I would be in business. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear the other success stories come in. :beerchug:

Toxsick... you are testing this without the stock o2 sensor? What would hooking the o2 sensor back up do? Thanks, Dozer.

Yes Sir.....No stock O2 sensor installed, Thanks for reminding me...I forgot to bring this up. :beerchug:
As I just Mentioned above..... I still have the resister installed on the O2 Circuit, which means my Stock O2 sensor is Bypassed(need to get the bung welded in my exhaust). I'm planning on re-installing this though! What I'm thinking is that in "cruzing" area's of the IAP map, this might/"should" help lean this area out a little for even better fuel mileage without hurting overall HP!
However though.....she runs just GREAT AS IS! :beerchug: PETRIK IS THE MAN!!!!:bowdown:

I just got a notice that the flash box was attempted delivery today. I need to got to the P.O. on Monday to get it.

Thanks Greg!!!!

:beerchug:

Back