Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

Hey Toxsick...are you thinking that when you hook up the stock o2 sensor that it will adjust the converted Bazzaz map for better fueling in the areas that the sensor corrects? The o2 with stock ecu map can't adjust enough for some of these aftermarket set ups so it makes sense if the o2 sensor uses the custom map and adjusts from there. Am I thinking in the right direction?

Hey Toxsick...are you thinking that when you hook up the stock o2 sensor that it will adjust the converted Bazzaz map for better fueling in the areas that the sensor corrects? The o2 with stock ecu map can't adjust enough for some of these aftermarket set ups so it makes sense if the o2 sensor uses the custom map and adjusts from there. Am I thinking in the right direction?

I don't believe it will adjust the "Bz Map" itself. However, I do believe it will help make/adjust the IAP Map side for the better. This is other other map that your Bazzaz map has NO effect on.

Humm... I thought the o2 sensor adjusted the map in the ecu now, both sides. My thoughts were if you changed the base map in the ecu it would go from that point (o2 sensor) and not know there was a change and adjust all areas like it did stock.

Yep I don't think anyone fully knows the O2 sensors role just yet when it will adjust fueling etc

But yes it will still adjust fueling, most likely just during light load cruising stuff is my guess.

Petrik hasn't cracked into that code yet
Posted via Mobile Device

Humm... I thought the o2 sensor adjusted the map in the ecu now, both sides. My thoughts were if you changed the base map in the ecu it would go from that point (o2 sensor) and not know there was a change and adjust all areas like it did stock.

It does adjust map in the ecu.......But remember there's two sides to the map, TPS(this is where you load your Bazzaz Map into) and IAP(this is the part "I Believe" that is controlled by all your sensors, including O2 Sensor).
Its my understanding(just from my recent expiriment)now after D/L my map into EE2, and it not having ANY affect on the way the bike runs or AFR Logs, That in Fact Piggy Back units(ie. Bz & PC)do absolutely NOTHING to IAP side!
My plan I'm thinking of doing now(when time a lots for it), is to Strap my labtop on my tank, hook up to gauge data in EE2 and go far a ride.:laugh: This way I could actually view in "real time" what's going on in TPS & IAP....along with all the other sensors.

I will also be testing this out soon...need to order my harness. I am planning on taking my bike to Greg at HPC and running it on the same dyno to compare. Thanks guys for the great advice on here... :bowdown:

I will also be testing this out soon...need to order my harness. I am planning on taking my bike to Greg at HPC and running it on the same dyno to compare. Thanks guys for the great advice on here... :bowdown:

Sounds Good Dozer :thumbsup:
I just want to add one more thing guys, the Info I put on here is to the "best of my knowledge"(which can be scary at times:laugh:), and my personal experiences! As with anything you do, PLEASE use with caution and Common sense when dealing with this stuff on your OWN Property, Just because something, or my way of thinking might be working for me....doesn't mean it will for you, or even that its Correct! I'm just a Ginny Pig myself right now.:whistle: Its ALWAYS best to put your bike on a Dyno and have a "Professional" tuner help you along. :beerchug:

My understanding is o2 sensor on Busa is only narrow band thats job is to try and maintain 14.7 to 1 under certian conditions > idle & cruise etc being closed loop condition. Any area of engine operation where Air Fuel Ratio outside of 14.7 (Lamda) is required then it goes open loop .............. the input it has is certianly not for power and performance but for economy and emmissions. It will certianly not tune your bike :thumbsup:

My plan I'm thinking of doing now(when time a lots for it), is to Strap my labtop on my tank, hook up to gauge data in EE2 and go far a ride.:laugh: This way I could actually view in "real time" what's going on in TPS & IAP....along with all the other sensors.
Someone needs to come up with an interface and software to allow one to use a Palm to view and log data like they use with cars.

Last edited:
Is there such an application out for the i Phone? I cant check as I do not own one, but if it would allow me to view "gauge data" in EE2 a like a Labtop, I will get me one!

No Need Any more!!!
Petrik has came through AGAIN!:bowdown: Check out this new update(Data Logger):cheerleader:

datalog_trace.jpg

:cheerleader: There here ............. the filthy tiger let them go :cheerleader: Let the games begin. :thumbsup:
Question Greg or Petrik ? Could one connect the SDS unit in between the bike and the ECU interface ? Would only take a male and fem plug sort of like "T" the SDS off it ? That way one could use all the graphing features of the SDS ? Wish to give it a go but don't want to let the "smoke" out of anything whilst doing so. :beerchug:

Back