Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

I downloaded the software to check it out ( very cool ). Haven't bought the wiring harness yet but plan to soon. Tried to put my Bazzaz map in the fuel map that is in the software but can't get it to work. I guess that is a protected base map in the software? Just was trying things out before I go messing with my bike. Can't wait until the map conversion works all the fueling areas. Keep up the great work guys...:bowdown:

When I go to apply map the maps will not show up in the window that pops up. Tried different things but doesn't seem to see the Bazzaz map? Maybe it something I am doing?

When I go to apply map the maps will not show up in the window that pops up. Tried different things but doesn't seem to see the Bazzaz map? Maybe it something I am doing?

You have to change it from PCV to Bazzaz in the bottom of the page("File of Type"), and then it will see your bazzaz Map folder. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Anyone with the interface either from greg or d.i.y., I would be interested to know if the engine data monitoring screen works with bkings, gixxers K7-K9 or any other bikes on the list below ?

Its a far shot, but it may be possible that the other suzuki models are using alike engine data communications protocol and are direct plugin for the engine data monitor. Anyhow flashing should not work and should not even be tried to - so leave the yoshbox plug disconnected and only connect the enginedata plug.

sds_model_applicationlist.jpg

Gregs Interface is crossing the oceon at this time ........ have version 20 SDS which has a few more K9 models on the list than version 19
Petrik not sure if it will email but quite happy to try and send you a copy of version 20 ?
Cheers

You have to change it from PCV to Bazzaz in the bottom of the page("File of Type"), and then it will see your bazzaz Map folder. :beerchug:

Ahhh DUH.. that worked fine. Thanks for helping a pc dummy. I like the pretty colors when you put in a map. Do you think that Petrik will make the conversion work all the fuel areas? I don't know a tuner around Maryland who will tune the other part.

Ahhh DUH.. that worked fine. Thanks for helping a pc dummy. I like the pretty colors when you put in a map. Do you think that Petrik will make the conversion work all the fuel areas? I don't know a tuner around Maryland who will tune the other part.

Well maybe Petrik could give you a more direct answer.....But I know he has mentioned something about possibly making a program/feature to help tune IAP side a little easier? We still need to test and see how well the bazzaz & PCV maps do in the TPS first, So far(too my knowlage anyway)there's no real hard data on this yet. I've been trying for the last Two weekends to play around with this and use my Wego3 to check/log AFR....But Wife & Kids Consume A LOT of time! :banghead: :laugh:

Well maybe Petrik could give you a more direct answer.....But I know he has mentioned something about possibly making a program/feature to help tune IAP side a little easier? We still need to test and see how well the bazzaz & PCV maps do in the TPS first, So far(too my knowlage anyway)there's no real hard data on this yet. I've been trying for the last Two weekends to play around with this and use my Wego3 to check/log AFR....But Wife & Kids Consume A LOT of time! :banghead: :laugh:

Are you only running the ECU now with a converted map? The IAP side is just the lower rpm area of fueling...correct? Could a TEKA box be used to adjust that side and the rest be the converted map? Sorry if these are dumb questions just wanting to learn this cool stuff. How does the bike run with the changes you made so far?

No reason to mess with a teka box if you jave ecu flashing

Just put it on a dyno for tuning or log on the road
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to jack this thread but I have to say I have been riding my bike for a while now, at least a week or so, with the converted PCV maps. It works great from what I can tell. Right away I noticed a bump in power. It is almost a little rich but I am going to try another map I have to try and see if it is better or worse. I can say that not having the IAP map changed doesn't seem to be a huge deal on my bike, especially since this is only 10% throttle and lower. I haven't checked the AFR because I have no way to do it but I can say that other than a slightly noticeable drop in power when rolling OFF the throttle, it feels great. Nothing noticeable on acceleration. I am not sure if that is what you were asking for but hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile Device

Back to the same issue ... I don't know of anyone in the Maryland area who will tune the ECU. Everyone wants a power commander on the bike... some can tune the Bazzaz.

Sorry to jack this thread but I have to say I have been riding my bike for a while now, at least a week or so, with the converted PCV maps. It works great from what I can tell. Right away I noticed a bump in power. It is almost a little rich but I am going to try another map I have to try and see if it is better or worse. I can say that not having the IAP map changed doesn't seem to be a huge deal on my bike, especially since this is only 10% throttle and lower. I haven't checked the AFR because I have no way to do it but I can say that other than a slightly noticeable drop in power when rolling OFF the throttle, it feels great. Nothing noticeable on acceleration. I am not sure if that is what you were asking for but hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input... are you running a full exhaust and race filter?

Posted via Mobile Device
Isn't the teka box changing the ecu info when you tune with it? could one read the changes made with the teka box and make more changes to the ecu if needed?

Are you only running the ECU now with a converted map? The IAP side is just the lower rpm area of fueling...correct? Could a TEKA box be used to adjust that side and the rest be the converted map? Sorry if these are dumb questions just wanting to learn this cool stuff. How does the bike run with the changes you made so far?

Not yet, Right now I still have my bazzaz on and I just Re-Flashed ECU to un restrict timing in 1-5 gears, and moved RPM limit up to 11.8K, also took off soft cut and running Hard cut only. My Plan(maybe this weekend??)is to load my Bazzaz Map into EE2 and then plug all My injectors back into the stock harness(by-passing the Bazzaz). Then go for a few runz, see how it reacts and try to tune from my Wego3.
I'm Sorry Stealth, but I would have to disagree about not needing to worry about IAP side(but then again maybe in your case, like mentioned above........its working just fine?).:thumbsup:
I know....well at least for "Me", Most of a street bike's time lives in this <11% TPS area(I also have confirmed this with my wego). JMHO, if a bike is running a 'Full Exhaust"(I believe Stealth is running slip-ons?....Please correct me if im wrong on this), I would venture to say IAP tuning would be crucial to Tune correctly for a smooth running street bike, decent fuel mileage, ect....
Again, this is just MY take on all of this, and I have NOT yet tested this out as Stealth Has. :beerchug:.........But I will soon, VERY SOON! :thumbsup:

Well first off I understand that most streetbikes live in this low throttle opening area. I would like to know what would make this area staying on stock settings bad with a full system? I know you would want to tune the bike but wouldn't this be more important at higher throttle openings on load? I am no expert so please don't kill me here, just asking. About my bike, I have slip ons with stock air filter so that might be why it is so smooth on the street without tuning this area. Not sure. I can say that I have had stock bikes that run rougher than mine does now after the PCV map was put into the ecu. I have been running around with a PCV map tuned for M4 exhaust slip-ons as they didn't have one for the FMF Apex's that I have. I am going to probably try the map for the TwoBros slip-ons this weekend and see how that changes driveability. I have to say that I started with the m4 map because when I compared the two, it had more fuel in the map. I have always been told that going rich is safer than too lean when tuning, therefore making me feel a little better about advancing the timing and changing the fuel map. I can say that it just works for me. This is obviously not going to be the same for everyone. I live at or near sea level if that helps for explanation. I am looking at getting the header I found that will work with my bike and then running a full system map later. I would like to hear how your bike rides after you change over, Toxsick. I am open to comments, this thing works great for me and that is all I was trying to show. :bowdown:

May I humbly suggest that you really need a means of reading A/F .............. to not know what your changing from or changing to makes, it an almost pointless if not dangerous situation. Seat of the pants don't work as "lean" will make it go harder but certianly not last longer. Downloaded maps from PC are pretty hit an miss at the best of times ............. good for a base point to start to work from but thats about all. :beerchug:

Last edited:
May I humbly suggest that you really need a means of reading A/F .............. to not know what your changing from or changing to makes, it an almost pointless if not dangerous situation. Seat of the pants don't work as "lean" will make it go harder but certianly not last longer. Downloaded maps from PC are pretty hit an miss at the best of times ............. good for a base point to start to work from but thats about all. :beerchug:

Well yes you are correct, I should have a dyno tune for my bike but I do think that the low level of change coming from my slip-ons and the fact that I am still running an o2 sensor has to help a little. I know it is the stock one and won't adjust enough but I am planning on adding more parts to my bike before I get a dyno tune, otherwise it would be a big waste of money. I am totally for dyno tuning. Just as far as finding places that will work with this software is going to be tough for some and having all the tools comes with time and money. SO to explain myself, I do not think everyone should go out and use this software blind and just hope for the best. I am using the PCV map as a good guess for now and it seems to work quite well. I am all for dyno tuning but this should be done after you are somewhat set on what parts you will be running for a while so you don't have to keep tuning over and over. As far as being "lean" I am definitely not lean as I stated above my bike is almost in a rich situation as this map has added fuel in most of the chart and my bike pops inbetween shifts once in a while. I understand what you are saying but for me I feel on the safe side until I tune it. Now about finding more tuners that will use this software, that is a new issue. I haven't found one yet but I will start looking again, soon after I get a header. WHo knows, maybe Petrik will make this initial tuning issue not needed if there is a way for the bike to datalog and show AFR's so you can at least keep it safe for the engine. Obviously you still need a dyno to make the most power and perfect your tune. I am not sure what the limits of this are yet and I am sure a lot of people are excited to see where this can go in the future.

Last edited:
Back