Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

Was talking with a tuner about tuning my bike with the ECU editor. It's an 09 with Full Yosh R55. When I get it tuned it will also have a K&N filter. He said he would disable the O2 sensor with the ECU editor. He said he would be better able to tune the bike in low rpm and partial throttle situations. This sound right to you guys? I know when you buy a Brocks system and a PC from him he wants to disable the O2 sensor to use one of his maps. Any input will be appreciated.

has any one played with secondary openings??? i hear some people removing them.. just was lookin and some openings and saw 100% primary opening and only 70% om the secondaries..just wondering if it can be improved.

has any one played with secondary openings??? i hear some people removing them.. just was lookin and some openings and saw 100% primary opening and only 70% om the secondaries..just wondering if it can be improved.

Yeah, have it tuned with them at 100% at all times or remove them. I took mine out a couple years ago, the power is much less linear, and more sluggish off idle then it comes in all of a sudden. You like wheelies right? Take them out or open them up and see how much easier wheelies become. Several members have had good dyno tunes with them gone too. The sluggishness at low rpm will be gone once it's tuned well.

thanks six pack..good to know as i was thinking about eather removing them or i was just going to edit them to 100% @ wot.. the sluggishness that you hade at low rpm where you able to tune it out with just fuel adjustments or did you have to play with timing also? thanks sixpack

thanks for the reply crawler.. so 94% opening on wot?? and should there be any other area to be lookin in to??thanks

thanks six pack..good to know as i was thinking about eather removing them or i was just going to edit them to 100% @ wot.. the sluggishness that you hade at low rpm where you able to tune it out with just fuel adjustments or did you have to play with timing also? thanks sixpack

My bike has yet to be dyno tuned. I've just checked my plugs a couple times the last few thousand miles, and they are fine, the bike is not running lean. I know that the sluggishness can be tuned out as a few members have commented on it after a tune with them removed. That's been quite a while ago too, so I don't have details or remember threads either as there were several.
Removing or opening them 100% is a very noticeable change. Try it and see. If you're a dragracer you'de have to be great at launching a bike as this will make it alot more difficult to keep the front down under hard acceleration.
My bike pulls much harder from around 6k on now, it doesn't feel choked up anymore. The secondaries are only there to help keep the front down, and they're also used with the mode selector.
Some folks have and will argue all day about that you shouldn't remove them. To them I say "then don't". It's quick and simple enough to adjust or remove them that if you don't like it they're easily put back. These seem to be the same folks that must have C mode in the rain and are scared of the Busa on so many levels. As well as tell you that if you put a full exhaust on without a tune you're engine will explode.
The secondaries make the power delivery very smooth and linear, with them gone and the engine breathing more the power is more sudden. I prefer my bike to be agressive and lift the front under hard throttle with ease. I know once it's tuned well the sluggishness will be gone. I'm not fighting for hundredths and tenths at the track either, I'm having fun ripping the roads, and alot of that's on one wheel.:beerchug:

I don't know off the top of my head, but I beleve six-pack has his revived entirely.

If you want to see how your bike would act with them more or less removed, then go into your stp maps in ecu editor and set every cell for every gear to 94.
Personally, I'd leave it alone before about 6500 and change the cells above that to 94.

I don't know off the top of my head, but I beleve six-pack has his revived entirely.

If you want to see how your bike would act with them more or less removed, then go into your stp maps in ecu editor and set every cell for every gear to 94.
Personally, I'd leave it alone before about 6500 and change the cells above that to 94.

Yes sir, mine are gone.
I think what you've said above is good advice and the best bet for playing with the secondaries without being on a dyno.

sixxpack..what throttle openingn and rpm should i start with when setting the to 94%?

Crawler's post(1133) is good advice for your above question, and the 6k to 6500rpm range is around where the bike is beginning to make good power. My own experience has proved to me what I thought, that adjusting or removing the secondaries does not harm the engine with the stock fuel map. I'de play with them and see what you prefer.
Of course you'll never know what is the most efficient and powerful without the bike being on a dyno. I'm old school and will look at sparkplugs to tell me if an engine is rich or lean, and I won't touch a fuel/ignition map as I make no claims to be a dyno tuner.
I'm sorry I cannot be of more help, but I would not be concerned about adjusting them.:beerchug:

+1000 on still reading plugs..still the fastest way to tell you how your bike is running..i still have an old 600f2 and i still love to take her apart just to make an adjustment...its funny how things have changed..

+1000 on still reading plugs..still the fastest way to tell you how your bike is running..i still have an old 600f2 and i still love to take her apart just to make an adjustment...its funny how things have changed..

Ooooh, an F2, I remember when they were new!:laugh: A great wheelie machine too! All Hondas just seem to balance so well.
06+5Bussa has an 11 with full dual Brocks, power commander with Brocks map, restrictions removed in ecu editor, and he removed his secondaries. The only side effect is that his bike is stupid fast.:laugh:

yea i remember when they were new also..i hade a 94 when new..i cant wait to try it..ill post up when i do it..ohh by the way..are you any closer to getting your akra???

Back