Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

OK,read most of the post in regards to flashing with ECU editing,downloaded
ECU software( Thx Petrik and all others) visited most of the video tutorials,
well done! Thx again!..:thumbsup:.but I digress....being that I'm NOT an MIT Graduate in computer science/programming:rofl:..my question is;can I flash
the map that is already in my PC3 into the factory ECM,with the removal of the restrictions.???or do I have to start from scratch with a new map???
Please reply in laymen's english:rofl: THX Dr.N

PC3 map conversion doesn't work well due to power commander is setup to control lower injectors only, ecu doesn't work this way so putting power commander numbers into ecu editor wont be very accurate.

You can certainly flash the ecu to remove restrictions etc and leave your power commander intact if you want. You dont' have to touch fueling with the ecu if you don't want to and are happy with your power commander fuel tuning.

PC3 map conversion doesn't work well due to power commander is setup to control lower injectors only, ecu doesn't work this way so putting power commander numbers into ecu editor wont be very accurate.

You can certainly flash the ecu to remove restrictions etc and leave your power commander intact if you want. You dont' have to touch fueling with the ecu if you don't want to and are happy with your power commander fuel tuning.

Thanks for the info,are there any maps out there that I can use that can be flashed...if I want to remove PC3 all together??? Dr.N

All depends on your mods LOL. I am a firm believer in dyno or track tuning, downloading maps without verify or tweaking to me isn't the right way to do things, but let me know what you have and will see if there is a "starter" map for you.

All depends on your mods LOL. I am a firm believer in dyno or track tuning, downloading maps without verify or tweaking to me isn't the right way to do things, but let me know what you have and will see if there is a "starter" map for you.

THX,2008,Ti-Force Race slip-ons(60mm)& K&N race filter,0 elevation,avg.temp
72-82F,.....right now with the PC3,I'm running a map that is for a Two Brothers slip on,because Dynojet doesn't have a map for Ti-Force Race Slip-on's,but other then that,Bike run's fine with no Issue's. P.S. Do you sell the wire harness from Laptop to bike's ECM,for flashing?

I made more fuel adjustments today and took it to the dyno. First capture on the dyno after warming up the bike was this:

IMG_1312_Small.JPG

The dyno operator doesn't use the SAE conversion on his dyno so he admitted that it normally runs 2-3% lower readings than the dyno I normally use. I'm not surprised. Different dyno = different reading. Still not bad since about 50% of the run the torque was over 100 ft/lbs. I finally get the fuel dialed in where it needs to be. I will be doing another run later this week. My timing got dumped last time I flashed the computer. I will need to setup my file and flash it again at the dyno.

Correction: The timing was correct in the bike. The ECU program lost it for some reason. It's all good now.

Last edited:
Thanks. The tuner said my Hayabusa has the most violent acceleration on any bike he has personally ridden. He did have a big grin after a road test. He rides a late model R1 so he has an idea of what fast is, or at least he thought he did. :laugh:

I've been using that "brocks" ECU flash on my bike. I have a full Yosh exhaust system and a BMC Race air filter. That's about it. Does anyone have an updated map that might give some more power?

I could use some tips on what areas to modify in the maps when I take the bike to the the dyno to check if it adds hp/tq. I.E. ...modify certain RPMS in certain gears...etc.

Thanks. The tuner said my Hayabusa has the most violent acceleration on any bike he has personally ridden. He did have a big grin after a road test. He rides a late model R1 so he has an idea of what fast is, or at least he thought he did. :laugh:

The AFR on this bike is pretty straight line so should be a good one to ride ;-)

Are all the partial throttle areas as good as the full throlle ?

All partial throttle positions are very close to the 80-100% ranges. I have the 2,800-4,100 range running at 14.5-14.9 AFR for freeway mileage and casual riding. I can jump on the throttle at any RPM and it drops the fuel into the 13.0-13.4 AFR range. The engine rides smooth and predictable.

here we go stupid question. can you take the base map in the ecu and add or subtract the amount of fuel that the pc adds or subtracts to it[ by what pipe etc you are running] to get closer to were your fuel mapping should be when you are using ecu editor. by the way exoticycles in sarossota has used it on a few bikes already

power commander not really, not easily anyway, bazzaz yes.

power commander numbers don't make any sense when you are under heavy load high rpm as they control only the lower injectors and lower injectors provide very little fueling to the bike at high rpm, so in a power commander map they might have to have a number like 40% increase to get any real fuel outta the bike, and a 40% increase in ecu editor or bazzaz actually = 40% more total fuel which would be way way overkill.

This table shows the % contribution that the lower injectos make up at all tps / rpm. At idle up to 40% throttle the lower injectors provide all of the fuel to the bike.

So everywhere in the red box power commander numbers wouldn't make complete sense without getting into some math

injectorbalance.jpg

I made more fuel adjustments today and took it to the dyno. First capture on the dyno after warming up the bike was this:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/atta...ting-software-gen-ii-busas-img_1312_small.jpg

Not to rain on the parade, but the bike isn't tuned yet. Too lean at 7.5k. Too rich over 8k. Stink rich (<12.5k) at 10k. The graph is too focused on Power, and doesn't have any resolution on A/F. If you blow up A/F it will be more apparent. I'm not trying to be rude, but I wouldn't be happy spending money on a job only 1/2 done.

Last edited:
Back