Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

Is this a dyno tuned map you have or simply an internet share map? I am a strong believer in not using maps off the internet, but this is how you apply a PC map, the issue is that power commander maps only control the lower injectors, so a number of 50 in your PC map means increase lower injectors by 50%, which even at wide open throttle high rpm this only amounts to about 20% of the total fuel delivery to the bike (lower inejctors that is), you will most likely get an overly rich condition when you apply the map as ECU Editor controls the entire fuel flow, so increasing the fuel table 50% in ecu editor increased the entire fuel delivered by 50%, hope that makes sense.

I always recommend put your bike on a dyno, usually maps downloaded off the net dont deliver nearly the max output possible.

apply.jpg

what are you looking for exactly alakso?

What wideband 02 sensor is recommended for use with the ECU Editor so I can use the AFR datalogging function?

I know I'll need to get the right bung size for whatever wideband 02 sensor is recommended to go with my exhaust system.

Is there a stand-alone digital or analog AFR gauge available for the ECU Editor so I can monitor my AFR on the fly?

Or even better a digital gauge package to monitor all the various ECU Editor functions?

I'm just not that crazy about strapping a laptop onto my tank, LOL.

Ecu has no internal logging. Ecu is only setup for stock sensor currently. To just watch a/f on a gauge get a lc1 wuth vei gauge for 220 ish from diyautotune.com
Posted via Mobile Device

Okay so I found a better deal, the cardona gp switch has wiring for both push and pull meaning standard or reverse shift pattern could use same switch, and it comes with a generic rod, you have to cut and then tap just one end of it for your install, so custom rearsets this should work also. If need be i could probably measure one up on my bike and have a machine shop do the work if you don't want to.

But anyhow for a cardona gp switch with generic rod, wired to work on the busa with ecu flashing would be about $210 TYD if we can get 4 or more people, $230 TYD if by yourself. I think I will get one myself, and have an overseas customer wanting one, so thats 2 of us so far.

This is what the GP switch looks like, nicer than the dano's performance in my opinion.
Cordona - Race use only!

Greg

Hey Greg.....did you fellaz ever find a 4th person for this group buy? I might be interested in doing this?

Is this screenshot using the stock sensor? So this isn't internal Datalogging with the ECU Editor?

Not in the Sense that we think of by Data Logging. When I first Posted that, I was under the impression that it was gonna be a full blown data logger(I put the cart B4 the horse, so to Speak). However, EE2 will some what data log but it just uses the Factory sensors to do so, and is not in depth as some of the better loggers on the market. Hope this answered your question. :beerchug:
Another note, there is no way to "record" the logging in EE2 per say either. You have to view it in real time. Another words, you would have to have a laptop hooked up and be riding the bike at the same time.

Last edited:
a sidenote on datalogging... this was initially done to generate some data for tuning purposes when at dyno to see e.g. exact position on vacuum map that needs addressing.

Anyhow there is a chap in germany called Boerd who is making a small device that has datalogging capability and which hooks directly to the ecu. I think that is much better approach than carrying a windows laptop. Greg has one for testing the early version. He may be able to describe it a bit better and I know that wbo connection to that has been on the agenda.

Here is a quick video of it during some testing, pretty slick, can't wait til its operational. Basically can look at all sensors with just plugging into sds connector, just like the flasher, imagine datalogging everything and not having to wire splice into anything :)

- Primer[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW !!! Now more money to spend....:rofl:.... can't wait til this comes out. Greg, I'm taking it that you will have extra's on hand to sell... ( I hope)..???....:laugh:

no idea how that will work yet, its not my design, i am simply a test pilot at this time for Bernd's software etc. He is a brilliant guy along with Petrik they know a million times more than me. We will see what happens, hopefully someone, either Bernd or myself with his permission will eventually have something that others can enjoy :)

the actual interface you see is an off the shelf item thats cheap, you have to wire some to it, and its case etc isn't very awesome looking, but maybe a billet housing or something would be in order, trying to figure out something for mine anyway as i wanted it mounted where i can see it, but don't want it too look cool.

no idea how that will work yet, its not my design, i am simply a test pilot at this time for Bernd's software etc. He is a brilliant guy along with Petrik they know a million times more than me. We will see what happens, hopefully someone, either Bernd or myself with his permission will eventually have something that others can enjoy :)

Looks Very Cool! :bowdown: Greg, Please keep us informed on the Progress and when you might be making/selling these? I would be VERY interested in Buying one of these. :yes:
I have actually been considering buying one of those small notebook Laptops for tuning with EE2 while riding.....this would be a WAY Nicer Set up! :type:

Not in the Sense that we think of by Data Logging. When I first Posted that, I was under the impression that it was gonna be a full blown data logger(I put the cart B4 the horse, so to Speak). However, EE2 will some what data log but it just uses the Factory sensors to do so, and is not in depth as some of the better loggers on the market. Hope this answered your question. :beerchug:
Another note, there is no way to "record" the logging in EE2 per say either. You have to view it in real time. Another words, you would have to have a laptop hooked up and be riding the bike at the same time.

Thanks for the info.

a sidenote on datalogging... this was initially done to generate some data for tuning purposes when at dyno to see e.g. exact position on vacuum map that needs addressing.

Anyhow there is a chap in germany called Boerd who is making a small device that has datalogging capability and which hooks directly to the ecu. I think that is much better approach than carrying a windows laptop. Greg has one for testing the early version. He may be able to describe it a bit better and I know that wbo connection to that has been on the agenda.

Thanks PetriK for the info on the current datalogging abilities and applications for the ECU Ed.. And thanks to you and everyone else who's involved in the ECU Ed.. It would be nice to have a plug and play data acquisition device to work with the ECU Ed.. :please:

innovative stuff always gets the best reviews if you need something now

i have a dl32 and lc1 and like it a lot

Back