Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

I just checked my notes from when i ordered them before, a little cheaper than i recalled, probably $238 for me to supply 1 with a custom shift rod ready to go, thats shipped priority mail in the USA, would take about a week to get and get shipped to you.

Or if 5 people want them its $20 cheaper, but thats all the break they were offering for 5 at a time, 10 at a time was same price ($20 cheaper) but free shipping, not much of a discount at all.

Greg

Last edited:
I just checked my notes from when i ordered them before, a little cheaper than i recalled, probably $238 for me to supply 1 with a custom shift rod ready to go, thats shipped priority mail in the USA, would take about a week to get and get shipped to you.

Or if 5 people want them its $20 cheaper, but thats all the break they were offering for 5 at a time, 10 at a time was same price ($20 cheaper) but free shipping, not much of a discount at all.

Greg

Sounds good to me Greg!
Would you mind starting a new thread for a Group Buy? I'm in for one and would be willing to pre-pay so you don't have to be out of pocket for the entire batch. Hopefully we can get at least 5 people to commit.

yeah thats cool, thats the only way i could do it, cant spend a grand of my own money without a serious commitment (money LOL)

Okay so I found a better deal, the cardona gp switch has wiring for both push and pull meaning standard or reverse shift pattern could use same switch, and it comes with a generic rod, you have to cut and then tap just one end of it for your install, so custom rearsets this should work also. If need be i could probably measure one up on my bike and have a machine shop do the work if you don't want to.

But anyhow for a cardona gp switch with generic rod, wired to work on the busa with ecu flashing would be about $210 TYD if we can get 4 or more people, $230 TYD if by yourself. I think I will get one myself, and have an overseas customer wanting one, so thats 2 of us so far.

This is what the GP switch looks like, nicer than the dano's performance in my opinion.
Cordona - Race use only!

Greg

Okay so I found a better deal, the cardona gp switch has wiring for both push and pull meaning standard or reverse shift pattern could use same switch, and it comes with a generic rod, you have to cut and then tap just one end of it for your install, so custom rearsets this should work also. If need be i could probably measure one up on my bike and have a machine shop do the work if you don't want to.

But anyhow for a cardona gp switch with generic rod, wired to work on the busa with ecu flashing would be about $210 TYD if we can get 4 or more people, $230 TYD if by yourself. I think I will get one myself, and have an overseas customer wanting one, so thats 2 of us so far.

This is what the GP switch looks like, nicer than the dano's performance in my opinion.
Cordona - Race use only!

Greg

Glad to see you got this started. We only need 1 more person in to do this deal!
For anyone thats interested heres the link;
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...20077-quick-shifter-setup-gen-i-ii-busas.html

I just ordered the ECU harness for my GenII earlier today. I figure I fall into your basic sportbike owner as far as simple performance mods go (full exhaust, air filter and PCIII). All I plan on doing at first is bumping up the rev limiter a few hundred, remove the 6th gear speed limiter, and removing the soft limiters. Does the PCIII interfere in connecting/flashing the ecu in any way for just these adjustments or does it need to be removed then reinstalled after the flash?

Thanks
Dave

Just recieved my flash cable and shift/launch light, now I have to wait another 3 1/2 weeks till I get off work to check it out. I'm sure I will have a queston or two by the time I get around to mess with it.

How do I get the latest version of ECUeditor? When I check my version under the "About" box, it says 2.0.1.0. The link from Boostbysmith takes me to the version 2.0.5.4, but when downloaded it still shows I have the same version. PetriK page takes me to a version 1.5. How is everyone updating their editor?

That's where I keep trying. Does your About tab just always show version 2.0.1.0 no matter what updated version you get?

Thanks, I was assuming it didn't change, but wasn't 100% sure. Laptop was about to become a frisbee.:banghead:

:thumbsup:

Having issues w/ communication. Everything physically is connected right. Every possible update done. USB drivers updated. All directions followed. Com port 4. Computer recognizes everything. Restarted when asked. Bike on. kill switch off. Fpump kicks on. Switched to engine data. Wires are right. I've gone over every step a dozen times but still get this error message when trying to connect...
"Error: Power is not on, ECU is in programming mode or COM port is not set correctly. Modemstat=6000, Comporterr=0"
I don't see anything I've overlooked. I've done TREs, PCs and handheld flashers for cars, so I'm not completley retarded.(jinx) Running out of patience.:banghead:

After you get error message have you tried just turning key off then on again ? As in with everything set up and interface set to Engine Data then hit connect for engine data when error message comes up just recycle key again without touching anything else ?
Check control panel, software and set up com port to make sure everywhere possible says Com 4
Also make sure nothing else on comp is sharing com 4
:thumbsup:

Back