Fixed My Hayabusa, After 2 Years.

It's impossible to say that we have the same problem, I've found a failed fuel pump and have symptoms of plugs breaking down under load (even idle and solid power upto 9000 rpm).
Have you checked your fuel pump pressure, synced your throttle bodies, checked your tps (throttle position sensor) position, compression test, leak down test, eliminated water temp sensor, map sensor, ECU, valve clearances, cam chain tensioner? These are all things that can affect engine running.
Fixing an underlying problem, will inevitably bring smaller faults to the surface that were masked by the larger problem, it's just a progressive process to iron them out 1 at a time.

I've often considered a flip up number plate but usually, I only see the camera, after the flash flash, apparently habitual, is not a good word, when paired with 'speeder' lol.
I make motorised Numberplate kits,they mount on the swingarm so the plate sits in the rear wheel,with a push of a button it comes out in full view,I ride with it in until the old bill are around then it comes out so they can read it

Is this in America? I'm in the uk.
At the moment my bike is in bits again, so the flip up plate is not a priority at the moment.

image.jpeg

Hi Karl.
Yep, famous last words, I've had ongoing problems, after speaking with a couple of experienced busa mechanics, they think that I have excessive wear on my cam chain, throwing my timing out, its possible I guess, given the 40,000 miles om my bike and it's terrible service history, so, I have the cams out, timing chain off and have ordered a new chain, hope to get it around Tuesday and go from there, my timing marks have never lined up as per book, so, if anything, I can eliminate the chain.
How many miles has yours done? One of the guys I've been speaking too said that he'd of changed the chain before 40k regardless of service history.

Got my timing chain off, here's a quick check, as you can see, it's got a lot of movement in between the links, easily half a tooth, I think this is my original running problem, my timing marks never lined up, as per the book, either the cam mark was too high or too low, I'm optimistic (again lol), new chain is ordered, hoping for some good news soon.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Got my timing chain off, here's a quick check, as you can see, it's got a lot of movement in between the links, easily half a tooth, I think this is my original running problem, my timing marks never lined up, as per the book, either the cam mark was too high or too low, I'm optimistic (again lol), new chain is ordered, hoping for some good news soon.

View attachment 1570046

View attachment 1570047

View attachment 1570048

Did you ever fix this issue??
My marks are doing the same after installing a new cam chain.

I've heard of people having a hundred thousand kms on their bikes with the same cam chain but I guess it is all dependant on how the bike was looked after and ridden...

Back