Fixed my First to Second shift problem.

sorry I cheated...  $19 from Ebay..    seems to be a common issue with the buell peg mod..
Hey Mr Bogus. I've been looking at those shifters too. Are the Gen I and II levers interchangable?

Can you tell me the length of the toe piece. From the end of the pin to arm. Stock is 1 3/4".

The other thing thats stopped me is the squared portion. Dosen't your toe tend to slip off that part, force your toe to the outside?

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
Mr Bogus @ Aug. 01 2008 said:
1491728[/ATTACH] AM]
sorry I cheated... $19 from Ebay.. seems to be a common issue with the buell peg mod..
Hey Mr Bogus. I've been looking at those shifters too. Are the Gen I and II levers interchangable?

Can you tell me the length of the toe piece. From the end of the pin to arm. Stock is 1 3/4".

The other thing thats stopped me is the squared portion. Dosen't your toe tend to slip off that part, force your toe to the outside?
the toe piece is 2 1/8" back of lever to end of pin..

4" length center to center

Gen1 to Gen2? no idea..

and no, the square part really does not seem to be an issue.. there are a few others that have gotten this same unit and so far no complaints..

Just seems the buell pegs move your foot outboard enough to make the stock shifter a real hassle..

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

You can also adjust the shift linkage to lower the shifter so you can shift with enough force. adjust the shift lever down about 1/4 of an inch or just a tad less or more. I realised that shifting into 2nd and 6th gear my ankle was at it's max up position and the shifter needed just a little bit more upward force. So now when I shift I have extra upward movement in my ankle and it goes into 2nd and 6th gear with ease... Hope this helps out.
beerchug.gif

Back