aftermarket rearsets wont shift right

goodluck

boosted finally
Donating Member
Registered
got a set of aftermarket rearsets and they wont shift the bike right everytime i shift i have to raise the shifter back up to go to the next shift, very annoying anyone else had this problem with aftermarket sets

a bind in the linkage ? adjustable link correct? make sure it rolls both way... loosen locknuts on linkage and see if it works ok...

Do you have an airshifter or anything,when i changed from stock to a Vortex rerset the linkage for the airshifter was rubbing against the kickstand safety switch not allowing it to return after i shift and i had to shift and push the shifter back in place with my foot before i shifted to next gear (what a pain in the ass that was) I finally just removed the safety switch for the kick stand

I had the same problem. Everytime i went from second to third when doing a wheelie i missed the gear and it made me go back to stock with Buell pegs. Now it works fine and at least i dont have those big rubberpegs with a big weight under.

Setting up the shifters to work perfect seem to be almost impossible on some aftermarket rearsets. Hope it works out for you.

Do you have an airshifter or anything,when i changed from stock to a Vortex rerset the linkage for the airshifter was rubbing against the kickstand safety switch not allowing it to return after i shift and i had to shift and push the shifter back in place with my foot before i shifted to next gear (what a pain in the ass that was) I finally just removed the safety switch for the kick stand
im not running an airshifter yet but i havent noticed it rubbing anywhere.

I had OSF on my racebike RC51 - was not impressed. I have Vortex on the Busa & no problems. It does sound like the linkage is not adjusted properly. Try adjusting them up or down w/ the linkage rod. This will move the shifter position.

Did you remove the selector fork from the gearbox splined shaft, if so it should be put back in the vertical position
beerchug.gif

clutch_brace.jpg

i got i fixed today needed to add a washer to the rod end so that it would have a little bit of flex in it seems to work fine now

Back