GP shifting

masada_1

Registered
Wondering if anyone has set up GP shift pattern on stock rearsets?

If so could I get some pics, and a list of materials?

I had it set up on my R6 and love it, and am used to it now. Don't want to have to switch back. I had aftermarket rear sets for the R6, but don't have the $$$ right now for rearsets for the eye-abusa.

I had it set up on my R6 and love it, and am used to it now. Don't want to have to switch back. I had aftermarket rear sets for the R6, but don't have the $$$ right now for rearsets for the eye-abusa.
No materials needed other than a wrench. Take the coupler(that the shift rod attaches to) off that goes to the splined shift shaft and rotate it 180 degrees. You're done.

No materials needed other than a wrench. Take the coupler(that the shift rod attaches to) off that goes to the splined shift shaft and rotate it 180 degrees. You're done.
Is the shiftrod long enough?

On the R6 it was a little longer (about 1.5") and bent slightly different to accomodate the 180 deg. rotation.

I'll take a look later this week. As long as there is enough length in the shiftrod (and maybe there is as there is a threaded section for fine-tuning the linkage), I'm sure I could make any necessary bends myself.

Yep, its long enough. No bends needed. Just make sure when you move the clamp (on the shift shaft) that it wont hit any parts of the frame/motor. The 1000's will if you arent careful

Hate to jump in on this, but what will this do for you???
Really does nothing other than change the pattern to 1 up and 5 down.I get more positive shifts to higher gears with it reversed. I have had it like this for a long time and love it. Just be sure to tell anyone riding your bike and also if you take the bike in for service/work

I just tried it and am hitting the bolt for the kickstand when I go to shift? What now. Am I missing something. I have my dragbike set up this way and woul like to make it work on the busa as well.

Try adjusting the position of the arm on the splined shaft. Then adjust the length of the rod to get your lever at the desired angle.

I also love the positive feel of GP shifting, never miss an upshift anymore. it is great in the corners being able to upshift when leaned over.

simple to do..

tried it for a bit.. decided i'd feel stupid as hell if I wrecked myself 5 months from now because for whatever reason my brain reverted back to normal shifting.

Back