buell footpeg issues

hemi

Registered
do most of u guys have shifter problems with the buell pegs. Lately i have been missing shifts (especially 5th to 6th), i think most of this is due to me shifting with about half of my big to, so i can't get a firm/positive shift. I modified the shifter a bit, put a 2.5" long pvc over the rubber shift boot like someone recently did on the forums. Seemed to help a bit with shifting better, but now i feel like i have to ride with my toes pointed way out to the side bc the shifter lever sticks out more. Should i be riding more on the balls of my feet

Did you lower your shifter position? You have to lower it a little bit with the buell pegs. It did happened to me at the beguining but it was all about getting used to it....:beerchug:

When I had mine, I was missing the 1 -2 shifts, didn't adjust the shifter down far enough. Then got the R-55 pipe and had to take them off because there was clearance issues with the exhaust. Now looking into buying some rear-sets sometime in the future.

I followed the instructions (how much to move the shifter) and mine work great. I really don't notice anything different.

no problem here but i had to adjust a few times to get it right. now, the rear brake i am still struggling with but i'll get it right this winter when i have time. ???

I was just swapping the buell pegs from the king to the busa, was having shifting issues gettin into first, just would not go, i dont like how you cant adjust the shifter down far enough, Stock pegs I had the shifter down far and had very positive shifts, I will see how this goes otherwise they will be for sale...

Move the shifter down more and try again. It doesn't take much. I moved mine down the same 3/4" amount that the pegs lowers my feet. Same with the brake pedal.

Back