Buell peg install

badgerbusa

Registered
I recently read a thread on this website regarding issues riders have had shifting the bike after a Buell footpeg installation. The space and angle between the peg and the shifter is reduced/changed and makes shifting difficult when wearing heavy boots.
Is this situation common? I was planning on installing these and a Yoshimura RS-3 SS or a R-77 SS full exhaust system on my 08 Busa in the spring and want to avoid any problems if this is actually a concern.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

It's not the space between shifter and peg, it's btween shifter and the kickstand. I modified both the shifter and the kickstand to make mine work and adjusted the shifter way down which makes it feel alot better.. Other people have made more simple modifications, but this is what I did..

Link with pics

Last edited:
I don't have a problem when I'm wearing my boots. When I'm wearing my runners I have to turn my foot in a little bit to catch the shifter. Some guys are lengthening the shifter. I have no problems with the clearance between the shifter and kickstand. Mine's on my 05.

In most cases you can adjust the shifter to a comfortable position. The rear brake side requires a slight mod and an adjustment to the pedal, but it is easy to do a well worth it. I love my Buell pegs! :thumbsup:

It really depends on how you hold your foot. I am one that angles my foot toes down naturally and thus I hit the kickstand with my foot since I have my shifter peg so low to accomodate this position. If you hold your foot under your shifter at a more horizontal angle, then you may not have the same issues. It won't have any affect on your exhaust.

It really depends on how you hold your foot. I am one that angles my foot toes down naturally and thus I hit the kickstand with my foot since I have my shifter peg so low to accomodate this position. If you hold your foot under your shifter at a more horizontal angle, then you may not have the same issues. It won't have any affect on your exhaust.

I hold my foot way down, so far I could not downshift the bike withut modifying my kickstand. Thats why I did what I did. :thumbsup:

Do the Buell pegs work okay with the Yana Shiki Exotic Kickstand (long version)?

Thanks in advance!

Back