Buell Peg Fitment Issues

Buceoman

Registered
The brake and shifter are now positioned too high, even after being adjusted, now that i installed the Buell pegs mod. How are others with this mod dealing with this issue? Sucks to have to take foot off peg to shift and brake.

Mine were pretty close when I put them on. I remember some people having to adjust, but never not being able to get them low enough after adjustment.

Did you do any pre and post measurements?

The shifter side is on a spline. It is infinitely adjustable. And should not an issue. I did end up cutting a little of the threaded rod off that comes out of the master cylinder. And that gave me a comfortable brake peddle...
Mods are Mods... They don't always bolt right on and make you smile. Some do. Some need a little more adjusting. The Buell peg mod is a good one. With very little effort you can get both the Shifter and the Brake peddle where they are most comfortable for you... If you need pictures let me know...

The shifter side is on a spline. It is infinitely adjustable. And should not an issue. I did end up cutting a little of the threaded rod off that comes out of the master cylinder. And that gave me a comfortable brake peddle...
Mods are Mods... They don't always bolt right on and make you smile. Some do. Some need a little more adjusting. The Buell peg mod is a good one. With very little effort you can get both the Shifter and the Brake peddle where they are most comfortable for you... If you need pictures let me know...
Yes, I would like a step by step how to do this. I had my mechanic put the pegs on and he adjusted the pedals but they are not even close to how I'd like them. I am mechanically useless.

I am mechanically useless.

If you are going to own a Busa you NEED to learn how to work on it.

If YOUR mechanic just put them on and did nothing else - no wonder they don't feel right to you.
However you did say "even after being adjusted" so what was done or don't you know?

he adjusted the pedals but they are not even close Could he have adjusted them in the opposite direction? ???

I agree with what Popie said, However I didn't have to cut my threaded rod.

Do you feel like a 200 mile ride? Come to Grand Rapids MI and I will fix/adjust them for free. :laugh:

Maybe YOU should post pictures of your setup and we could talk you through it. Do you have tools to work on your bike?

I am mechanically useless.

If you are going to own a Busa you NEED to learn how to work on it.

If YOUR mechanic just put them on and did nothing else - no wonder they don't feel right to you.
However you did say "even after being adjusted" so what was done or don't you know?

he adjusted the pedals but they are not even close Could he have adjusted them in the opposite direction? ???

I agree with what Popie said, However I didn't have to cut my threaded rod.

Do you feel like a 200 mile ride? Come to Grand Rapids MI and I will fix/adjust them for free. :laugh:

Maybe YOU should post pictures of your setup and we could talk you through it. Do you have tools to work on your bike?
I will try to get some photos up tomorrow. I found some YouTube vids that show how the adjustments are done so i will try to tackle it myself.

Back