Buell Peg mod and the shifter

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Only issue I have had with the buell peg mod is the shifter.. if you have the mod, you likely know the issue already with trying to keep positive shifts... if you do not have shifting problems then this wont matter to you..

I found a $15 shift lever in the bay that made my day...

DSC_0166.JPG

Shifter link

haha i got the same shifter nad i just ordered some new pegs so well see.

Nice!

I guess.
tounge.gif

r8

Nice!

I guess.
tounge.gif

r8
I hear your brain....$15 bucks??? yep.... and it is looks built at least as well as the stocker.. The closest thing I found to it was $59 I rode today and did not struggle at all with the shifter.. you can still over adjust the thing till it hits the kickstand but I adjusted to where it just touches the stand... works like a charm..

Nice!

I guess.  
tounge.gif

r8
I hear your brain....$15 bucks???    yep.... and it is looks built at least as well as the stocker..  The closest thing I found to it was $59    I rode today and did not struggle at all with the shifter.. you can still over adjust the thing till it hits the kickstand but I adjusted to where it just touches the stand... works like a charm..
No really. It looks good and probably works even better.

r8

105_0521.JPG

yea let me go buy a case of my shifters for that one (1) Rizoma
sad.gif
yea yea... nice but my budget is done till next fall.. still have $1000 worth of rubber to buy this season.. I bet that rearset is not as comfy on a 800mile day
laugh.gif

The brake lever looks interesting as well!
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2007-Suzuki-Hayabusa-Busa-CHROME-REAR-BRAKE-LEVER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em
153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ35588QQihZ011QQitemZ320228050856QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....hosting</a>

I put on 300 miles today and it was a dream... other than the swarm of 600 bikes I encountered...

I pull up at light in full gear, vs tshirts, sunglasses and tennies...

"Oh look a badass"
"Shhh you idiot thats a BUSA and it dont sound stock"
"WTF's a Busa?"
" you f*$%#^^ MORON"

had to laugh all the way to the next light...

I did come across a Honda 966? or some odd number I seen this thing running on a flat rear tire so caught up to him (he had a cage on bike so assuming he was a stunter) but it ran pretty darn good.

looks a *lot* like an old gsxr1100 shifter
rock.gif
Didnt follow the links, havent had any issues shifting mine

sadnews.gif
though mine has been parked a lonnnnnnnnnng time
sadnews.gif

sadnews.gif

After I relocated the shifter for the peg mod,, It was painful to even wear my tennies and try shifting... This has a larger and easier to reach peg and I am really relieved that this fixed the "sketchy" shifting issue..

looks like that seller has both aluminimum and chrome versions for both the brake lever and the shift lever. chrome being more $.

I have the same problem since the buell peg swap and this will fit the bill nicely. thanks for the find mr. bogus.

Back