Gear changer and buell pegs

Mojave Mike

Registered
Buell pegs are 1" lower than stock...if I move the clamp on the serations 1 notch to lower the gear shifter, it's not enough..still leaves the shifter too high..if I move it 2 notches, the shifter fouls the exhaust pipe when changing down..how did you Buell peg guys get around this ?
Thanks,

Mike

Buell pegs are 1" lower than stock...if I move the clamp on the serations 1 notch to lower the gear shifter, it's not enough..still leaves the shifter too high..if I move it 2 notches, the shifter fouls the exhaust pipe when changing down..how did you Buell peg guys get around this ?
Thanks,

Mike
Are you only moving the Serrated end and not adjusting the rod? I had to go one notch clockwise on the serrated end and adjust accordingly. As it is it was just barely touching the Kickstand when I downshifted. So I ground a very small bevel on the back side of the shifter to clear.

<!--EDIT|bigoltool
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154735763 -->

DSCN0040MOD.JPG

yes...use the gear shift shaft for major movements and then fine tune it with the linkage bolt that has threads on both ends.
wink.gif

I think I moved mine one 'notch' as well....

Learned to lie with it stock. I know I sould adjust it, but then it cuts into my riding time.

mine do ot even get near the kickstand....at 3/4' gap ....
but than agin I wear riging boots....not shoes.....size 13, so the lever has to give me room formy toes.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154790167 -->

when i adjust mine to low my boot (size14) doesnt fit btwn the kickstand and the shifter,,,still trying to fine tune it ,,i left the shifter in stock location and just adjusted the rod,,,the brake side i still have to grind bottom of ajuster bolt to get lever lower,,,love the leg room At 6-4 but not to crazy about the gear shift feel,,,i can deal with the brake lever

when i adjust mine to low my boot (size14) doesnt fit btwn the kickstand and the shifter,,,still trying to fine tune it ,,i left the shifter in stock location and just adjusted the rod,,,the brake side i still have to grind bottom of ajuster bolt to get lever lower,,,love the leg room At 6-4 but not to crazy about the gear shift feel,,,i can deal with the brake lever
To do this right you almost need to get a little bit longer rod. I think (though I haven't tried it yet) that a GSXR1000 rod is about an inch longer than the Busas. This would allow you to leave the Serrated end in the 12:00 position and adjust your pedal height optimally without putting it into any kind of bind. If this does work Pro-bolt makes a cool looking anodized shift rod for both Bikes for less than $20.

Not to hijack but what is the part number for those buell pegs?
N0006.1AD
Thanks for all the replies...wealth of info on this forum.

The Buell part number for the Lightning pegs was...

N0520-1 AD Right
N0521-1 AD Left
ummm they come as a pair in the package.
+1
I got mine as a pair under the part number I posted.

Something of interest if someone is seeking even more comfort. The new Buell Ulysses has similar pegs but they are much wider fore and aft than the Lightning pegs. Haven't seen anyone try these but I was looking at one the other day abd couldn't help thinking they might fit.

Back