First win with the turbo

Stainless Steve

Registered
I did my first meeting of the year Saturday and despite a problem with the clutch slave cylinder in the first race while leading my class, I finally got everything working as it should in the second race:cheerleader:
I actually turned the boost down slightly too, as there had been a Rallycross meeting the week before which had spread mud all over the track, making it really dusty.
So I had to start on the back row due to not finishing in the previous heat, gave it about 11psi/300bhp and blitzed the car engined Caterhams.:laugh:

Racing :: Lydden14thApril2012_0002.mp4 video by Stainless-Steve - Photobucket

Just watch a few laps as the race goes on a bit with nobody to play with, the cars that pull away into the distance are all downforce cars and I've got no chance in the corners.
I know it's not a bike but I hope you enjoy seeing what a Turbo Busa motor can do in a 1100lb car!

Cheers for your comments gents, if only the car fraternity were so accepting of something different. They don't like to admit, in a lightweight car, you can't beat a bike engine.:laugh:
The green Caterham I pass at the beginning spent about $15,000 on his engine to get 290bhp and $8,000 on a six speed sequential gearbox, which I've got already and he was on slicks and I was on treaded tyres. I can kinda understand why he might not like turbo Busa engines!:moon:

Back