First time at the strip with the turbo

lowandslow08

Registered
Made a lot of passes until I figured out it likes rpms, the last and best pass of the night was 9.16(leaving at 7200)

slip 002.jpg

slip 001.jpg

Stock clutch with heavy springs and welded hub, 65 inch wheelbase. It was tuned on monday and made 203rwhp and 112 tq at 4 psi Thinking about taking it to schnitz asap to have him check out the tune. Only picked up 1mph in the quarter with the turbo.

Did you drop compression? If you did then that sounds about right. If its stock compression then 230-240 depending on the dyno would be about right.

Stock clutch with heavy springs and welded hub, 65 inch wheelbase. It was tuned on monday and made 203rwhp and 112 tq at 4 psi Thinking about taking it to schnitz asap to have him check out the tune. Only picked up 1mph in the quarter with the turbo.

I am not a pro, but 203 seems really low for 4psi. Mine dyno'd at 226 at 4lbs and no other mods. I came to read that was the ruff number for everyone. 215-230ish. ?

Hope you get it all squared away. Glad you are getting some track time in. I can't wait to make it to the track finally next month.

Nice times but 203 with a turbo sounds week . I get more than that with my 1397 .

Still learning how to ride it with the turbo but 149mph seems a bit low, it used to run 148 without the turbo. It will go quicker with practice.

hp sounds off on the dyno run why not paste the print out here, there a few turbo and tuning gurus who roam this board openly share there knowledge :thumbsup:

hp sounds off on the dyno run why not paste the print out here, there a few turbo and tuning gurus who roam this board openly share there knowledge :thumbsup:

I never asked for the printout, either this week or next week hopefully Schnitz will have time to put it on the dyno. When the bike went from stock exhaust to an alienhead the hp went from 176 to 182. Then on the same dyno the bike made 203 with 4 psi. Is it possible a new hook up and the longer chain gave it a low hp number? The low dyno numbers were not to big of a deal, I was concerned about the track numbers not changing much from before the turbo.

I am not a pro, but 203 seems really low for 4psi. Mine dyno'd at 226 at 4lbs and no other mods. I came to read that was the ruff number for everyone. 215-230ish. ?

Hope you get it all squared away. Glad you are getting some track time in. I can't wait to make it to the track finally next month.

First off, every bike is different. The other thing is that a Shinko on the dyno will hurt you to the tune of 10-12 rear wheel horse. Consider that a Gen 2 with stock compression at 4 pounds of boost will make 220-230. A Gen 1 has lower stock compression, so you can expect it to make less. That is why Stage One kits for the Gen 1 will usually come with an 8 pound spring - good for 240-265 rear wheel, depending on the bike, the mileage, the tune (if it is a conservative tune with timing pulled, the number will be lower), and the tire you are using. Lastly, is that number SAE, STD, uncorrected?
Regardless, your mph does seem low, and you should look at your gearing and your clutch.:laugh:

Gen 1 here, with a Shinko , extended 8" with a 1397 and making 206rwhp

First off, every bike is different. The other thing is that a Shinko on the dyno will hurt you to the tune of 10-12 rear wheel horse. Consider that a Gen 2 with stock compression at 4 pounds of boost will make 220-230. A Gen 1 has lower stock compression, so you can expect it to make less. That is why Stage One kits for the Gen 1 will usually come with an 8 pound spring - good for 240-265 rear wheel, depending on the bike, the mileage, the tune (if it is a conservative tune with timing pulled, the number will be lower), and the tire you are using. Lastly, is that number SAE, STD, uncorrected?
Regardless, your mph does seem low, and you should look at your gearing and your clutch.:laugh:

its alittle bit more than just 100cc . add cams , head work, exhaust , PC , ecu flashed, other minor mods, and a good tuner (Goldenchild of cloud nine motorsports)! but its still about a couple grand cheaper than a turbo . I just figure that if you got a turbo you should be in the 240+rwhp range. and once the NOS is back on I should get about another 50.

and you don't get 50hp per 100cc's dude :poke:

Schnitz should be able to get him his full potential!!

Wow, about 50hp more for about 100cc increased displacement. Would make one wonder why the manufacturers can't get 650hp from 1300ccs

Richard

One thing to check, did the tuner use an air/fuel pump? If so when have they serviced the reed valves in the pump last? If the pump is not drawing the proper amount of exh through, the O2 readings will display lean on the dyno, and the tuner will richen them up, and if they are tuned to 12:1 with that pump, and a properly working air/fuel pup they will likely be closer to 11:1, not a big deal, but will definitely hurt the hp, I have talked to some dyno shops that have never serviced the reed valves, and others that didn't even know what I was talking about,

Richard

I expected it to be faster, only beating my novice butt on a stock bike by 1 second.

Back