First timer turbo ?'s

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
I have been doing a lot of reading and for all of you current and previous turbo guys. Besides what comes with the RCC stage 1 kit what else would you add to make it right the first time. Im only gonna stay stage 1 cuz 230-260 rwhp is plenty for me and will do what i need. i was planning a head, cams and nitrous build but i miss have a boosted vehicle so im gonna boost the busa

a stage one kit should be all you need. i dont think anything else is required. no motor work or anything as long as you keep the boost down a little.

I have been doing a lot of reading and for all of you current and previous turbo guys. Besides what comes with the RCC stage 1 kit what else would you add to make it right the first time. Im only gonna stay stage 1 cuz 230-260 rwhp is plenty for me and will do what i need. i was planning a head, cams and nitrous build but i miss have a boosted vehicle so im gonna boost the busa

Better clutch springs, a high output oil pump gear, and a slave support. Also, some minor modifications to the cooling system and engine breather (Gen 2).

since this is about like the first timers, sorry for thread jack but ive heard many times from many places that u cant stay at WOT for a period of time? is that true?

Fuel pressure gauge is easy to hook up and very inexpensive. A/F meter can be pricey, harder to connect to dump pipe and electrical but worth its $$ ( I still don't use one but it would be nice someday).

I already have upgraded clutch springs and a slave support. So besides those it looks like and a/f ratio gauge fuel pressure gauge and a high output oil pump gear

If you do not have a pc3 or other piggy back deal you might benefit from the ecu flash software...provided the tuner has some experience with it. Schnitz Racing may be a good choice for you.

Back