First time on the drag strip!

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Tried drag racing for the first time yesterday. What a blast but man its hard to do right! Ive got a new respect for those that can do it right. Best was a 10.805 @ 128.68 MPH. I'm 270 lbs on a stock B King (just slip ons). 93 degrees and STRONG head wind. Had a blast!

527_IMG_0145_-_Version_2_1_.jpg

So that was at Cordova? That's a pretty respectable et for your first time out, especially at your weight! I know over here in Cedar Falls the DA (corrected altitude) was pretty bad so you were down on power.

You should check out the bike races at Eddyville this coming weekend. There is good sponsorship so payouts will be quite nice. I'm going for sure.

:beerchug: Congrats on having fun. It is addictive for sure. You should give LSR a try.:thumbsup:

Nice and the most important thing is you didnt lay it down or flip it, most that never been on a dragstrip with an OEM SWB bike dont understand the challenges it brings.
You run at Cordova? Did you notice a Turbo Vmax while you were there?

Have fun, youve been bit now by the dragstrip no turning back.:beerchug:

That's Awesome, feel free to tell all your friends how much fun Drag Racing is. I don't think enough people know:) You should come down to Eddyville Raceway Park : Home this Sunday for an all bike event. Multiple classes to enter with good payouts or even if you just want to make test passes all day. You'll meet some good people that may be able to share some knowledge with you on how you can get better.

Back